• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Gesink to the Shack?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
You must be at least this old to ride The Shack.

lighting-a-cigarette-off-a-100-candle-funny-old-la.jpg

Thats the official Shack masseur.. she gave up racing 65 years ago after getting addicted to tobacco.

As for LA i think he should consider becoming less of a creep. Actually dont because its getting quite funny.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Moondance said:
Gesink has a contract with Rabobank until 2012. Doubt Gesink wants to leave and certainly Rabobank wouldn't sell their top asset (publicity-wise in the Netherlands) like what happened with Wiggins.

The team manager would be hanged if he did probably, by both Rabobank (the sponsor I mean) as the general public in the Netherlands.

@ DT, to be quite honest, most of the people I know who have only a fleighting interest in cycling, mainly watch the tour and a few classics, are really not big Lance fans, most really despise him, it's just the media who are so in love with him. (also a lot of the Dutch public only watch cycling due to Rabobank and since last year Skil and Vacansoleil, and do not really know who is in what team, it's just that they want these three teams to do well)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The english commentators for the tds on ONE HD have mentioned this thread and other things which have been on the forum recently in their coverage. He said that some fans have been saying that when LA tries to complement someone he is trying to get them on there team and was reffering to Gesink.
I guess this forum is world famous!:D

scribe said:
Did they mention me? I am easily the most famous poster here, right after Greg lemond, er I mean Race Radio.

Really scribe??:rolleyes: What about Betsy and Marco Pinotti.

@Auscycle did they really say that. I've recorded them and am going to eventually upload them to cyclingtorrents but i have edited them heaps to get rid of some of the stuff where nothing happens. What stage did they say that?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
Really scribe??:rolleyes: What about Betsy and Marco Pinotti.

@Auscycle did they really say that. I've recorded them and am going to eventually upload them to cyclingtorrents but i have edited them heaps to get rid of some of the stuff where nothing happens. What stage did they say that?
Yep.
I can't exactly remember but it was around twenty minutes in. I could be completely wrong but I think that's about right. now I think about it I think it was on the Wildhaus xlimb.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
The english commentators for the tds on ONE HD have mentioned this thread and other things which have been on the forum recently in their coverage. He said that some fans have been saying that when LA tries to complement someone he is trying to get them on there team and was reffering to Gesink.
I guess this forum is world famous!:D

Haha, that's great :D

auscyclefan94 said:
Richard Hatch always refers to Cn in his coverage and I put two and two together when he said that. I wonder if he has read this thread again to realise we are onto him?

Richard Hatch? Didn't he play Apollo on the original Battlestar Galactica? I always wondered what happened to him. Does Dirk Benedict commentate with him?

BroDeal said:
Richard Hatch? Didn't he play Apollo on the original Battlestar Galactica? I always wondered what happened to him. Does Dirk Benedict commentate with him?

Ha ha, nice one bro, Auscycle got his name wrong. The commentators are Rob Hatch and Johnathon Harris-Bass, they are quite good actually. I asked if anyone knew about them in the English commentators thread (or a similar thread about commentators, can't remember precisely where) but no one responded. Also tried searching for them and didn't find much....

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi, i'm new here, i am from Portugal and i have 19 years old. My english is not so good, so i appeal to some compreension please :D (sorry my presentation)

Anyway, i think that Gesink would't leave Rabobank, cause in my opinion, that is a great team, and is a nacional team for him. And i also think that he would't forget that Rabobank was the team that pull him up to de success.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
Ha ha, nice one bro, Auscycle got his name wrong. The commentators are Rob Hatch and Johnathon Harris-Bass, they are quite good actually. I asked if anyone knew about them in the English commentators thread (or a similar thread about commentators, can't remember precisely where) but no one responded. Also tried searching for them and didn't find much....

Sorry, last stage he actually mentioned how people were questioning the team saxo baks tataics but he thought they were performing. No joke, he said that.:eek:

climb_magician said:
Hi, i'm new here, i am from Portugal and i have 19 years old. My english is not so good, so i appeal to some compreension please :D (sorry my presentation)

Anyway, i think that Gesink would't leave Rabobank, cause in my opinion, that is a great team, and is a nacional team for him. And i also think that he would't forget that Rabobank was the team that pull him up to de success.

Welcome to the forum! I agree, Rabo is the best place for him right now but as the years continue the pressure to produce will be even greater for him being in a Dutch team than if he were in another country's team.

FOA some folks here need to be remained that the Shack will finish sponsorship next year, & pending the outcome of the LA's legal affair, that time length could be shorter...
IF Bruyneel decides to continue in cycling & finds new sponsors-I think he'll be more interested in finding "a potential TDF Winner" which I believe Gesink still isn't in that league yet, due to his poor TT skills....
I'm more inclined to believe he could join Riis

TRENDING THREADS