• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

getting a rider on this forum

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I know this maybe hard but would we be able to get a rider on this forum so we could ask questions about doping, racing, their team etc,?

Like a Q and A session.

I would pay a lot of money to get Lance Armstrong on here!:D

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I know this maybe hard but would we be able to get a rider on this forum so we could ask questions about doping, racing, their team etc,?

Like a Q and A session.

I would pay a lot of money to get Lance Armstrong on here!:D

Yeah, that sounds really likely :rolleyes: Why not add affairs, recreational drug use and petty theft to the list of topics to make it a more attractive pitch.

One pro did come on here, Marco Pinotti posted in the Tour of Ireland thread to thanks the fans who came out on the last day in Cork last year. Weather conditions were really bad that day. I dont think any pro would consider coming on here but I often think some could be posting anon. I think quite a few read cycling news and undoubtedly the forum.

Marco isn't the only pro to have been on here. A few other pros, if national or continental level have been here. Forget the names, but they've chimed in.

Lance is known to be a web geek, and likes reading about himself, and refers to those who don't swallow his stories whole as "trolls", so I'm sure he's peeked in here on several occasions. Whether he's actually registered and posted, that's another question.

craig1985 said:
I guess Jonathan Vaughters found that out the hard way :D

I was going to say the same thing. I think he had no idea how knowledgeable some fans here are and hardcore this place is, and ended up a little shell shocked when he left.

Since no racers are really going to come in here and talk about doping and such, it might be nice if we could get some ex-racers and ex-support no longer in the sport to do similar.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I guess Jonathan Vaughters found that out the hard way :D

To be fair, he did start his first post with something along the lines of "OK, I'm mad to even post here, but here goes: (...)"

Alpe d'Huez said:
Since no racers are really going to come in here and talk about doping and such, it might be nice if we could get some ex-racers and ex-support no longer in the sport to do similar.

Which is why I'd love to have Vichot's dad Frédéric here. I'm only half joking.

A

Anonymous

issoisso said:
To be fair, he did start his first post with something along the lines of "OK, I'm mad to even post here, but here goes: (...)"

Which is why I'd love to have Vichot's dad Frédéric here. I'm only half joking.

I think it was more like "I don't know why I am bothering, but..." I flamed him on that point a couple of times. He tried to play it off all cool and stuff, but I didn't buy it.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I think it was more like "I don't know why I am bothering, but..." I flamed him on that point a couple of times. He tried to play it off all cool and stuff, but I didn't buy it.

He'll probably come on again because of that Hurtful post by you!;)

My policy is that I only pick on the ones who can't speak english. I still can pick on wiggo and cav as they just talk bs!

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Marco isn't the only pro to have been on here. A few other pros, if national or continental level have been here. Forget the names, but they've chimed in.

Lance is known to be a web geek, and likes reading about himself, and refers to those who don't swallow his stories whole as "trolls", so I'm sure he's peeked in here on several occasions. Whether he's actually registered and posted, that's another question.

I was going to say the same thing. I think he had no idea how knowledgeable some fans here are and hardcore this place is, and ended up a little shell shocked when he left.

I'm sure that a few current pros have a look at this forum and I know for sure that a few ex pros have actually registered and posted. some of us have tried to offer balanced and rational debate but have been ridiculed by people who have no understanding of what drives an elite athlete. There are a small number of intelligent and informed posters on here but there are many more ****heads who post rubbish. It is interesting however to see how the average cycling fan perceives the sport from the other side of the barriers.

TRENDING THREADS