• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro 2017, Stage 6: Reggio Calabria-Terme Luigiane 217km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

alexix7 said:
Scarponi said:
These guys are making Cadel Evans looks like an attacking genius

If you had Cadel´s cycling predispositions, you would ride simply like him.

You are right. But that is no excuse for riders like Nibali we know he has the ability to attack. In reality I think some here are too impatient this is only stage 6. Lets see what happens on Blockhaus. But the race could still explode in the 3rd week and looking at the parcours I think the GC guys are keeping their powder dry and conserving energy for when it will be really needed - like not bothering to chase Zakarin on Etna. We know Kruijswijk should be strong in the 3rd week and Quintana is also aiming for the double so he won't be strong enough to attack until week three. The jury is still out on this Giro.

hahahaha Slagter before the stage on Dutch TV..if there are 8 man or more in the break we want to be there as well, if it's less than the break will probably be caught and we will wait in the peloton.

btw why is everybody thinking that Zakarin will take so much time in the TT? Last year he lost more than 1.30 against Landa, Kruijswijk and Nibali and around 2.00 to Dumoulin..

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Vesica said:
hahahaha Slagter before the stage on Dutch TV..if there are 8 man or more in the break we want to be there as well, if it's less than the break will probably be caught and we will wait in the peloton.

btw why is everybody thinking that Zakarin will take so much time in the TT? Last year he lost more than 1.30 against Landa, Kruijswijk and Nibali and around 2.00 to Dumoulin..
Last year it was technical with lots of rain and the guy had 2 crashes amd an additional bike change because of a mechanical after the first crash.

Re:

staubsauger said:
Last year he crashed twice. Without that he actually would've killed everybody of the other favorites based on his first split time. If I remember correctly at least.
Correct.
Zakarin is more than decent in a timetrial. Romandie 2015?!

I really hope he does well. Still feel bad for him after his horrible crash last year and the stage in Romandie that was robbed from him. His interviews are great aswell.

Hurrah for a breakaway win! A day of glory for a domestique.

If all the GC guys have the same standing as now, the poorer TT guys must attack on stage 9/Blockhaus. Quintana is just starting a long double GT period so he's happy to follow for now. G to set up Landa, I would expect.

Mayomaniac said:
Vesica said:

Last year it was technical with lots of rain and the guy had 2 crashes amd an additional bike change because of a mechanical after the first crash.

grazie, as well to the others that responded.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts