• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro 2018 Route Rumours

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
The Sappada stage is just awesome, they are actually using the Costaldissoio climb like I suggested, great news.
The climb features 3km at 10%, it's in the same league as Mende.
2 of my favourite training climbs back to back in one stage, it's just awesome.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Not the easiest Giro to do the double, only 45km of ITT and every single week is really hard.
The easier mountain stages might help him, but it's a hard Giro.
LoL, Francesco Moser shaking his head when they asked Dumoulin about the route, he's probably disgusted by the lack of TT km.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
The Sappada stage is just awesome, they are actually using the Costaldissoio climb like I suggested, great news.

One of the better stages.

BQDrbfS.png

pastronef said:
fauniera said:
They clearly made the parcours for Froome. Crap.

how?

Minimizing the chance of chaos as much as possible. No multi mountain stages until the final weekend. One climb stages everywhere, perfect for Froome.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

fauniera said:
Mayomaniac said:

BQDrbfS.png

pastronef said:
fauniera said:

how?

Minimizing the chance of chaos as much as possible. No multi mountain stages until the final weekend. One climb stages everywhere, perfect for Froome.
Yes, and it comes right after the hard Zoncolan MTF, it should be pretty good.

Re: Re:

fauniera said:
Mayomaniac said:

BQDrbfS.png

pastronef said:
fauniera said:

how?

few TT km for rouleur like him.
also in 2017 a few 1 climb stages and multi mountain just in last week. nobody said they did it for Dumo

TRENDING THREADS