• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro 2019 Field Discussion/Speculation

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

MADRAZO said:
Squire said:
MADRAZO said:
A much worse wild card is the usual Novo Nordisk wc for Milano San Remo where they have absolutely no business.
I don't think Coquard is gonna donate large sums to the diabetes cause anytime soon...

It is indeed getting ridicolous how they keep chosing Novo Nordisk instead of Coquards team. Its a shame.

"Maybe I am being vacant but I don't get the link

The Diabetes team Novo Nordisk is getting the Wild Cards Coquard should have had. Also this year Novo Nordisk took a spot from Nippo that had a great team for MSR with Lobato and Canola, but at least they got the Giro instead.[/quote]

I see I can't say I had looked but it didn't cross my mind they were picked. Shambolic choice.

They main thing I was confused by is the donating to diabetes line however. Does Novo Nordisk donate? They are obviously a manufacturer of insulins but I wouldn't expect them to donate

Re: Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
Eshnar said:
Moved the whole discussion about Wildcards here from the other rumours thread, which should be more about route/misc topics.
Because Novo Nordisk's entry into MSR is so important to discussion of the riders in the Giro?
it was part of the same discussion. Which, in any case, would not belong to the other rumours thread either...

While I expect him to do better, you'd have to say on recent form and likely attendees Nibali will be lucky to top 5. There are 4 riders who I would definitely say would be stronger favourites than him (TD, G, Yates and Roglic) and a fair few others who have just as much chance as him.

Re:

Breh said:
Démare and Madouas will ride the 2019 Giro. Which means it's T-A, Catalunya, Dauphiné and Tour for Pinot.

I was expecting this announcement - FDJ have always split Demare and Pinot between the Giro and the TDF - Both riders seem happy with the arrangement - It will be tough for Demara at the Giro as the sprint field will be at the same level as the TDF.

Re:

Singer01 said:
While I expect him to do better, you'd have to say on recent form and likely attendees Nibali will be lucky to top 5. There are 4 riders who I would definitely say would be stronger favourites than him (TD, G, Yates and Roglic) and a fair few others who have just as much chance as him.
He always does better than expected, people never learn.

TRENDING THREADS