• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro Climbers and Point Jersey

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What does the final steep slope has to do with Strade Bianchi?

I'm just saying that thinking Seeldraeyers (once 12th or 13th in the Giro) can beat Kreuziger (Who finished top 10 in the Tour twice) is hilarious.

And you don't hear me expecting Gesink to beat schleck and Contador or Kruijswijk beating any of the Giro top 10 contendors. That's what you just did. Haha... it's hilarious
I try to stay realistic, you never do.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I said he was a good bet. Never said he was going to beat Kreuziger. Giro last 3 weeks and is a dangerous one. One fall is good enough. One sickness, etc

Go troll somewhere else. Gesink is worse than Franki and according to you he'll never win a GT anyway :)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, challenge for the white jersey.

But if we're going to be an idiot like you we might already give the youth jersey to Kreuziger and the Maglia rosa to Contador and don't have this race anymore.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Havetts said:
What the? Those two sentences after each other.. :eek:

It's no trolling, but more fact. He says Frank is no GT material, but Frank sure as hell climbs better than his precious Gesink ;)
Mind you, I do think Frank is GT material.

El Pistolero said:
It's no trolling, but more fact. He says Frank is no GT material, but Frank sure as hell climbs better than his precious Gesink ;)
Mind you, I do think Frank is GT material.
No he doesn't..

I can remember already from when Gesink was 2nd year pro, on a certain long climb... he dropped Fränk Schleck by simply riding tempo :eek:
Other confrontation uphill. Tour de suisse last year. Schleck lost, what, 1'15 on the 4km before the top that Gesink attacked?
And F.Schleck said he never felt better than in that tour de suisse...

boy oh boy ;)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Tour de Suisse, where every rider peaks for!

Ps: Frank won that TdS

And in the real world, when things have gone uphill this year, Frank's been better.

El Pistolero said:
Tour de Suisse, where every rider peaks for!

Ps: Frank won that TdS

And in the real world, when things have gone uphill this year, Frank's been better.
Yup, but this was about his climbing right? And if F.Schleck himself said he never felt so good... oh well ;)

PS. In both Fränk and Gesink have done no real climbing yet. Only hills so far. And in the only Tour they rode together (Basque tour) Gesink outclimbed F.Schleck in 2 stages... :D

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yup, but this was about his climbing right? And if F.Schleck himself said he never felt so good... oh well ;)

PS. In both Fränk and Gesink have done no real climbing yet. Only hills so far. And in the only Tour they rode together (Basque tour) Gesink outclimbed F.Schleck in 2 stages... :D

Yet there have been no climbs at this point of the Giro, but this little ramp is proof Seeldraeyers has no shot. Gesink is really hopeless for the Tour next year then, considering there's 3 really hilly stages at the Tour :)

Meanwhile in the real world, Frank Schleck rode easily away of Gesink at the Roche aux faucons.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I know, but laughing at someone who is just 44 seconds back of the youth jersey when there's usually thrown with dozens of minutes there is quite silly :p

It wasn't that idiotic to pick Seeldraeyers to be Kreuziger's biggest challenge for this jersey. It's a 3 week GT, everything can happen. It's not like I'm saying Seeldraeyers is the next big thing or something. Doubt Kreuziger will ever be a GT threat.

El Pistolero said:
I know, but laughing at someone who is just 44 seconds back of the youth jersey when there's usually thrown with dozens of minutes there is quite silly :p

It wasn't that idiotic to pick Seeldraeyers to be Kreuziger's biggest challenge for this jersey. It's a 3 week GT, everything can happen. It's not like I'm saying Seeldraeyers is the next big thing or something. Doubt Kreuziger will ever be a GT threat.
We'll know more after today, but at least Kreuziger, Duarte, and Kruijswijk have shown signs of life so far in the Giro.

TRENDING THREADS