• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d’Italia 2024, Stage 8: Spoleto – Prati di Tivo, 152.0k

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I had to give my cat tramadol one time as prescribed by the veterinarian, which is not named Nario.
And for anyone watching in Spanish language version.. Who is buying Alberto Contador's clothes? And he keeps wearing Eastern bloc looking shoes that look like 1970s..Eurosport using 2 Germans to do commentary on Spanish broadcast and they speak English.. They should get Arnold or the guy from Inglorious Bastards.

Reactions: Rollthedice
Congrats to today's winner!

images
The dude in the picture should actually be worried, because today's message from Pog is "I'm gonna be fresh as a daisy at the start of the Tour".

I had to give my cat tramadol one time as prescribed by the veterinarian, which is not named Nario.
And for anyone watching in Spanish language version.. Who is buying Alberto Contador's clothes? And he keeps wearing Eastern bloc looking shoes that look like 1970s..Eurosport using 2 Germans to do commentary on Spanish broadcast and they speak English.. They should get Arnold or the guy from Inglorious Bastards.

Okay I only hope you don't mean Till Schweiger, because that would escalate quickly.
The dude used to be Ullrichs neighbour and things turned sour because one is an alcoholic and the other one just a genral substance abuser.

I think you can apply this logic only partly to Pogacar, because he can take time on so many occasions, he has to make choices. To take it easy after the TT seems pretty reasonable, also so climb wasn't that hard, so it be a lot of work for comparatively little gain, compared to what he'll get by default. He also wants to do the double, he better ride it smart.
I don’t disagree, but there is a small degree of risk not putting in more time now. But for him it makes sense. And good point about the TT yesterday.

Reactions: Rechtschreibfehler
Is anyone keeping track of Pog's biological energy storage, there was a bunch of discussion about his need for a delicate balance, so as not to use too much during the Giro so he will have enough for the TDF..from what I am seeing he doesn't look to be going on the limit for most of the stages..maybe the TT..today he was pretty snappy in the sprint

But it is a deranged to brag about it in a book you publish, especially when you’re hoping to be a possible VP selection.
I don't know what she wrote about it, and no doubt that it's extremely poor politics, but I think it's fine to kill your own pets (if you know how to do so well) and also (in the right context) to take pride in being able to handle that on your own.

9 years ago on Danish live radio broadcast, they killed a rabbit with a bike pump, and it led to a massive outcry. It was an ordinary killing, but some can't handle it when it becomes visible.

Last edited:
I don't know what she wrote about it, and no doubt that it's extremely poor politics, but I think it's fine to kill your own pets (if you know how to do so well) and also (in the right context) to take pride in being able to handle that on your own.
I’m sure her intended point was to show how well she can handle a gun and what an authentic country girl she is. And of course farm animals need to be shot when injured, non-productive, etc. . But she wrote that she shot the dog because she was angry and fed up with it. That’s different than putting her old horse or cow down. Then she shot the goat, I guess for the hell of it.

I already forgot he shot he cat. He was young and dumb, I can ignore that because Italy desperately need someone young and talented to show the flag in the homerace. Without Oropa, I bet he would be 2nd just now. Top-5 is really optainable
At 19 or 20 you should know that you can kill an animal if you shoot at it, so let's call him with his name, he is a ***.
Thankfully for him, a barerly functioning brain is just fine when it comes to cycling