• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d’Italia 2024, Stage 8: Spoleto – Prati di Tivo, 152.0k

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I missed today the stage and now I can't read back because I'm watching the sh*tty euro song contest, can anyone explain me why Pogacar didn't drop his rivals? That is a Roglic style result
The stage is not up for discussion in the stage thread. Only topics such as cats, hair, funny European names and Eurovision. Maybe Aurora Borealis too.

Congrats to Teddy on his 3rd stage win but the style is surprising. It seems he actually didnt have the legs to attack, did he? Going 2-3km from the line, after Majkas work, would normally be simpler than chasing attacks. Or did they turn into defense mode after the TT and UAE work was only to prevent attacks?

Congrats to Teddy on his 3rd stage win but the style is surprising. It seems he actually didnt have the legs to attack, did he? Going 2-3km from the line, after Majkas work, would normally be simpler than chasing attacks. Or did they turn into defense mode after the TT and UAE work was only to prevent attacks?
Nah, he is saving himself for the double attempt. He didn't look stressed at all today.

The stage is not up for discussion in the stage thread. Only topics such as cats, hair, funny European names and Eurovision. Maybe Aurora Borealis too.
Also, lady commentator in the studio wore sensible shoes again today (yesterday she had slipped and wore the high-heeled shoes again), so we are also tackling the fashion industry and the pressure on women to look a certain way.

Heh, can you tell I'm a former shoe sales person?

So, we might throw discussion about that into the thread as well... now we're at it.

Also, lady commentator in the studio wore sensible shoes again today (yesterday she had slipped and wore the high-heeled shoes again), so we are also tackling the fashion industry and the pressure on women to look a certain way.

If the lady commentator in the studio is Hannah Walker, then she obviously needs to wear shoes that are fit for walking.

(That was me throwing a terrible name-based pun into the mix. But you should kinda be used to me doing that by now.)

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
So, we might throw discussion about that into the thread as well... now we're at it.

If the lady commentator in the studio is Hannah Walker, then she obviously needs to wear shoes that are fit for walking.

(That was me throwing a terrible name-based pun into the mix. But you should kinda be used to me doing that by now.)
Nah, from what I've seen Hannah Walker is walking the beat, so hopefully no need for her to prance around in 5-6" heels. I 'm talking about the gal in the ES studio, Orla I think is her name.

Reactions: RedheadDane
Rogla still an offender to be honest. If we take Lo Squalo for example it goes like

1 ITT
1 Stomp
3 2nds that turned to wins by winners going busto (I always forget the legal status of these "wins"
10 solos
Bormio he outsprinted Landa who was in front from a breakaway, so technically 9 I believe. Stomp was the one in Andorra right? Was also solo in Sant' Anna Vinadio but breakaway won it.