• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro del Emillia, GP Beghelli and Pantini memorial

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Everyone was present. You can still have luck, but in order to win each of those guys had to beat all the best guys. No one decided to take an early winter break and skip those races.

Don't be ignorant and belittle the level of the GdL.

There are still a lot of inform and best of the best classic riders.
In fact a lot of riders hit real form for this race.

Again, winning here is still more impressive then being taken to the line at msr by your team ;)

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
yeah.

I don't believe it's the adds, people hate him a lot before that.
Anyway riders like flecha, nuyens etc all do the same in the cobbles.

ya i also don't buy the ads stuff, i mean if i was basing my hate for riders on ads i would be wishing for tyler farrar's death. . .

meh and i honestly don't care about him caring about his looks as i fully understand the need to be well presented :p

and the guy has a beautiful riding style. . . you can't be looking bad when you have such a nice looking riding style :p

*^^ this post is an official candidate for most metro sexual post of the year. . .

Parrulo said:
ya i also don't buy the ads stuff, i mean if i was basing my hate for riders on ads i would be wishing for tyler farrar's death. . .

meh and i honestly don't care about him caring about his looks as i fully understand the need to be well presented :p

and the guy has a beautiful riding style. . . you can't be looking bad when you have such a nice looking riding style :p

*^^ this post is an official candidate for most metro sexual post of the year. . .
and he is a grown a$$ italian man, u gotta be stylish and care about your looks :D

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Not Grischa Niermann but TGBM turns out to be 5th.

More logical result now.

yeah pippo rode everyone from his wheel.extremely impressing to see mollema,monfort and zaugg cracking in his wheel:D
pozzato also seems bigger,bulkier than ever, i don't know what he did but i think he will be the leader for lombardia.

A

Anonymous

Video of the last twenty minutes of the highlights show is online at teamskyfans

jens_attacks said:
there are lots of big guns out of form,who will put the hammer down on ghisallo and sormano?if they won't do it,the only guy who has a chance of going with gilbert is pozzato
Are you kidding me, on a climb like the Sormano or Ghisallo a guy like Pozzato loses minutes if Basso, Nibali, Mollema put the hammer down.

Look at Emilia if you want a good idea of the strong guys for Lombardia. Not Beghelli. :rolleyes: (a race that even finishes in mass sprints often)

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I think he will do pretty well at lombardia. I dont think he will be able to stay with Gilbert/Rebellin/Nibali/Mollema when they really go but he could be pretty close. He is probably much more fresh than anyone else.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
imo on the route like this for a rider like Pozzato the statement "to do pretty well" should mean "not to DNF". He CAN'T do better no matter in what form he is.

Kvinto said:
imo on the route like this for a rider like Pozzato the statement "to do pretty well" should mean "not to DNF". He CAN'T do better no matter in what form he is.
Well that's not entirely true either.

There were editions of Lombardy where guys like Visconti and Kroon did a top 5, finishing about a minute behind the actual strong guys.

If Pozzato is lucky it'll be such an edition and he can finish top 5 that way. But never contend for the win at the same time.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Well that's not entirely true either.

There were editions of Lombardy where guys like Visconti and Kroon did a top 5, finishing about a minute behind the actual strong guys.

If Pozzato is lucky it'll be such an edition and he can finish top 5 that way. But never contend for the win at the same time.

Almost every year in each monument there are more or less surprising riders (or maybe some outside bets) in a top-10 (or top-5) but that's not a matter of considering them (or riders similar to them) as a favourites for the future editions. And in the end if Pippo will make a top-5 it would not happen because of his form (and the favourites out of form) but first of all due to his luck but are we gonna consider the luck as a factor in the case of who should make a Lombardia top-5?