• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro dell'Emilia (1. Pro) - 18/08/2020

Here it is, the Giro dell'Emilia 2020! Not on the Saturday before Il Lombardia as usual, but three days after on a Tuesday!
The route is still the same, with the legendary San Luca finish, which will be climbed 5 times in total.

Profile:
giro-dell-emilia-2020-profile-05998b5353.jpg

Top competitors:
V. Nibali, Ciccone, Carapaz, Sosa, Fuglsang, Vlasov, Bagioli, Almeida, Conti, Visconti, Ulissi, Bakelants.

Last edited:
I just love this place so much. I remember reading Grisham's The Broker (pretty bad novel) and getting totally hooked by the place without ever having seen it. Then when I went there it was even better than I imagined. Unfortunately the TV pictures from the race never capture the true beauty. Anyway I have a very soft spot for this race.
Maybe Almeida can do something for himself here.
I would like a win for Ciccone.
But it's probably going to be Astana.

Will there be any stream? Or simply no coverage at all? In that case, seriously, why race? Spectators in place probably very much restricted? One would think the sponsors want some coverage.

And if the Italian TV shows it, is it really not worth it for Eurosports to get the rights? In these times when Snooker seems to be the highlight they got?
RAI is showing it from 3pm apparently.

I appreciate Almeida will have been working for Remco on Saturday, but aside from an U23 LBL win, he has very little experience or form in one day races to date.

I wonder if the longer distances, at this level, are still a bit of a stretch for him at the moment?

Will be very interesting to see how he goes tomorrow. I'm sure he won't be lacking motivation, given the sad events of late.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS