• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro dell'Emilia 2021 (02.10.)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They will be joined by Loulou. :)
What an honor to ride for Masnada whilst wearing the world champion Jersey. Julian is a great man but also a lucky man.

In all seriousness quickstep with JA, joao, Fausto and that Belgian guy they are bringing a serious team and good luck to rivals. No excuse to not make an aggressive race.

I look forward to an exciting 2 man sprint in Bergamo between Fausto and Vincenzo.

Reactions: Sandisfan
FAtALfSXEAQgKOs

I'm perplexed by Pogacar's dismal performance, for if his post-Tour season amounts to a precipitous decline, then would it not be better to pack it in and plan for next year. He was third at the Olympic's road race, already a sign of fatigue given his Tour form, and nowhere to be seen at the Worlds. Now +10 minutes off pace at the Giro dell'Emila, whilst Roglic after crashing out of the Tour and winning the Vuelta is back to his best? Wtf gives?

I know QS are called the wolf pack. I also see t
I'm perplexed by Pogacar's dismal performance, for if his post-Tour season amounts to a precipitous decline, then would it not be better to pack it in and plan for next year. He was third at the Olympic's road race, already a sign of fatigue given his Tour form, and nowhere to be seen at the Worlds. Now +10 minutes off pace at the Giro dell'Emila, whilst Roglic after crashing out of the Tour and winning the Vuelta is back to his best? Wtf gives?
His mil is severely ill I believe? See @Tinnekeisabella up thread.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It's been discussed extensively already.

Reactions: noob
He may have just given up cause he missed the first splitt bh.

Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
His rouleur skills vs his pure climbing skills.

I think his rouleur ability is the best in the world and him being a world class hilly one day racer is already confirmed. So in the worst case scenario that his climbing comes short for GTs, he's still a world class one day racer.
Did you see the way he attacked from the first time up San Luca and then went on to continuously expend energy for Almeida? Not to mention he really showed he is over, as in it's so passe, not being able to dive bomb down descents? I'd give him an 8 just for those things today. He's only 21 and has not even finished a GT yet, let alone been the moral winner of a Tour only to be piped on the line by a mutant ninja turtle. Give the lad a break, let's see what he will be capable of doing. I think much.

Did you see the way he attacked from the first time up San Luca and then went on to continuously expend energy for Almeida? Not to mention he really showed he is over, as in it's so passe, not being able to dive bomb down descents? I'd give him an 8 just for those things today. He's only 21 and has not even finished a GT yet, let alone been the moral winner of a Tour only to be piped on the line by a mutant ninja turtle. Give the lad a break, let's see what he will be capable of doing. I think much.
If by giving him a break you mean "Name him the best in the world at something he hasn't shown yet" then I aint giving any breaks

No, I mean an obective analysis of his stature given his late-coming into the sport and his actual achievments thus far. Only Pog and Bernal can claim beter, but now? So let's wait and see.
Red Rick in his post literally calls Remco the best rouleur in the world and a world class one day racer. What would be an objective analysis in your view? Calling him a better climber than Pantani at his peak?

Congratulation to Primož Roglič for taking the win.

Didn't watch the race due to bad TV coverage. Did watch the replay of the last 10km. Some intensive racing involved. It looked like Evenepoel and Almeida worked together nicely trying to put Roglič in difficulty. Vingegaard doing a good job at damage control. Then at San Luca apparently Roglič has put his pilgirm cloth on and hallelujah ...

Beautiful win.

Reactions: Lequack

TRENDING THREADS