• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro dell'Emilia 2022, one day race, October 1

HPdcyTZh_400x400.jpg

9GTpUFv.jpg

One day race for climbers. Spectacular field this year as well, with Pogacar, Vlasov, Valverde, Martinez, both Yates brothers, etc.

oLNeYHV.png

Live video stream available on Eurosport/GCN. (most likely only on Italian RAI TV)

FAztdod.png

Full startlist: https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/giro-dell-emilia/2022/result/startlist

giro-dell-emilia-2022-result-profile-4e33fcbf62.jpg

Last edited:
Two time winner of this race Roglic is sitting this one out, as well as Lombardia a week later. Maybe he doesn't want to run into Fred Wright again.

As for the women's race:

Wmti6HP.png

Live video stream available on Eurosport/GCN. (most likely only on Italian RAI TV)

HNXCEkZ.png

Full startlist: https://www.procyclingstats.com/rac...ernazionale-donne-elite/2022/result/startlist

giro-dell-emilia-internazionale-donne-elite-2022-result-profile-c24d30a5f2.jpg

Last edited:
Distance can be overrated, depending on where it is and what parts of the race will be raced really hard.

But I am pretty sure Lombardia is harder still. They'll probably be pacing from Madonna del Ghisallo onwards pretty hard, and it's likely to have more battle for the break than Emilia.

Emilia doesn't really explode until the final few laps, and most riders tend to chill all the way till the final climb

I wish this was WT though.

Distance can be overrated, depending on where it is and what parts of the race will be raced really hard.

But I am pretty sure Lombardia is harder still. They'll probably be pacing from Madonna del Ghisallo onwards pretty hard, and it's likely to have more battle for the break than Emilia.

Emilia doesn't really explode until the final few laps, and most riders tend to chill all the way till the final climb

I wish this was WT though.
Medelana is at the same distance from the line as Ghisallo though. Also, the big attacks started on the first time up San Luca last year.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Yeah I would call Emilia easily harder than Milano Sanremo, but not Lombardia.

My favorite 1.pro race tbh I wish it was WT

This and Paris-Tours should definitely be World Tour. That would also make the final part of the season a bit more of an event. Now it is a bit shambolic with a monument interspersed with hundreds of smaller one-day races (almost thousands).

This and Paris-Tours should definitely be World Tour. That would also make the final part of the season a bit more of an event. Now it is a bit shambolic with a monument interspersed with hundreds of smaller one-day races (almost thousands).
Yes. If there is one big change I'd love to make to the calendar it would be bulking up the fall season with one day races.

TRENDING THREADS