• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro dell'Emilia 2022, one day race, October 1

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hehehehehe...same old, not so old discussion about one-day races, what should be a monument, not a "classic", when this bike race and others matter much more than what UCI points.

First raced in '09 of last century, the great Giradengo won it five times, Coppi three times and Bartali twice. Merckx won in '72, and in recent times Roglic won it twice. It's a gem of a bike race.

If Remco was here he would attack the
Two time winner of this race Roglic is sitting this one out, as well as Lombardia a week later. Maybe he doesn't want to run into Fred Wright again.

As for the women's race:

Wmti6HP.png

Live video stream available on Eurosport/GCN. (most likely only on Italian RAI TV)

HNXCEkZ.png

Full startlist: https://www.procyclingstats.com/rac...ernazionale-donne-elite/2022/result/startlist

giro-dell-emilia-internazionale-donne-elite-2022-result-profile-c24d30a5f2.jpg

Added the women's race info as well. Unfortunately the profile for the women's race is horrible, it's like a mockery of this race. Just 90km of flat followed by a single ascent of San Luca.

giro-dell-emilia-internazionale-donne-elite-2022-result-profile-c24d30a5f2.jpg

Reactions: Sandisfan
The women's race is 90 km with one (1!) ascent of the San Luca climb? What a joke of a route. Is that standard for women's cycling (don't think I've ever seen a race)?

The men's race is amazing. one of my favorite races. What a shame it won't be televised internationally.
For many years yes, this kind of insulting parcours has been pretty standard. Things have rapidly improved over the last few years but there are still some holdovers. This race remains one of them, the race is a hockey stick profile every year.

Any way it has to do with the men racing on a circuit so they just wan the women to gtfo out there earlier?

I'm pretty sure that is the exact reason. However they could just start the women's race an hour earlier or something. It was 10 km longer in the first editions, so you could argue it's actually regressed in difficulty.

It's Marta Cavalli's first race since her memorable DNF in the Tour. Hopefully she's fully recovered. Two time winner Elisa Longo Borghini looks like the hot favourite though.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I'm pretty sure that is the exact reason. However they could just start the women's race an hour earlier or something. It was 10 km longer in the first editions, so you could argue it's actually regressed in difficulty.

It's Marta Cavalli's first race since her memorable DNF in the Tour. Hopefully she's fully recovered. Two time winner Elisa Longo Borghini looks like the hot favourite though.
Honestly I think if the womens race was the same distance but with 5 laps on the circuit it would be much more fine as well.

TRENDING THREADS