• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro dell'Emilia 2022, one day race, October 1

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
There should just be a message over race radio:

"Hurry the *** up! They're catching you."

But of course, if it's the front of one race almost catching the back of the other, then the front of the other race could very well be almost catching the back of the first one. And then the speeds would just increase like a tornado.

So in other words, it wouldn't be a cool concept at all.

In all seriousness, though. I'm not usually one to complain about routes, but seriously? These are supposed to be "The same race"?

giro-dell-emilia-2022-result-profile-4e33fcbf62.jpg

giro-dell-emilia-internazionale-donne-elite-2022-result-profile-c24d30a5f2.jpg

At least let them do the lap at the end, like the men do. Or, it would probably need to be more times, to have a distance.
one lap more or two would be better of course, but to be fair, it's also not super easy to get it all done on the same day without having both races interfere each other.

The women could start before the men instead to give them more room, but those early starts usually lead to complaints as well.

Reactions: RedheadDane
one lap more or two would be better of course, but to be fair, it's also not super easy to get it all done on the same day without having both races interfere each other.

The women could start before the men instead to give them more room, but those early starts usually lead to complaints as well.
The men could also start an hour later without any problems. How am I supposed to care about women‘s cycling if some bigger races look like this: ____/ At least include a hill before the circuit. Ridiculous!

Reactions: Sandisfan
The men could also start an hour later without any problems. How am I supposed to care about women‘s cycling if some bigger races look like this: ____/ At least include a hill before the circuit. Ridiculous!
this is not a big race, it's low level cycling without money or even an international broadcaster. Doing two races at all is an immense accomplishment. If it was easy to improve, they'd do it

Usually they only get complaints if they start very early. Starting at 10 or 11 o'clock shouldn't be a problem if it results in better courses.

Sounds like many would prefer there not to be a women's race at all here.

Well considering that the race isn't even broadcast, I'm not fully against that idea, to be honest. I wouldn't have minded it as much, if it was a race that had no connection to a harder men's race or if this had been the first edition.

The race actually had a great chance to become a big autumn race for the women, but now that there might be a GdL soon, it seems its chance has passed (although a GdL could help it to grow further, too).

Anyway, Longo Borghini beat Ewers for the win.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Stream;

In Italian, don't think there's any English broadcasts? Arrivederci it's one on one

Stream;

In Italian, don't think there's any English broadcasts? Arrivederci it's one on one

We're singing for Fulsang?

TRENDING THREADS