• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2015 Stage 20: Saint-Vincent – Sestriere 199km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Moose McKnuckles said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
This was one of my favorite stages in 2005 when Salvodelli rode brilliantly to salvage his Giro after being put into difficulty on the Finestre.
His descent that day was magnificent. What a stage that was. Hopefully we'll see a proper battle tomorrow as well.

lol what? he took back a massive 10 seconds :rolleyes: not to mention he couldn't even drop ardila and van huffel in the descent :rolleyes:

Still butthurt about Rujano, I see.
why don't you try and stay with the facts and show exactly where savoldelli rode that excellent descent? :rolleyes:

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

ILovecycling said:
Ataraxus said:
This is between Landa and Contador as it seems.Nobody else
Long range attacks from Finestre could be succesful (Kruiswijk, Hesjedal, Betancur, Intxausti etc)

Contador may be one of those attacking long distance. Exhaust his team within the first 6-7 km of the climb and then go by himself.

Ryo Hazuki said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
This was one of my favorite stages in 2005 when Salvodelli rode brilliantly to salvage his Giro after being put into difficulty on the Finestre.
His descent that day was magnificent. What a stage that was. Hopefully we'll see a proper battle tomorrow as well.

lol what? he took back a massive 10 seconds :rolleyes: not to mention he couldn't even drop ardila and van huffel in the descent :rolleyes:

why don't you try and stay with the facts and show exactly where savoldelli rode that excellent descent? :rolleyes:
Savoldelli got good help by Mauricio Ardila, who actually saved him on the gravel.

Rujano should've attacked earlier. If the climb to Sestriere had just been about 3 kilometers longer, he actually would've won that Giro!

What saved Savolldelli his fuchsia jersey was the fact that Di Luca went way to fast on the Finestre. He killed himself, but also Garate, Honchar etc. which were dropped and weren't able to help Rujano + Simoni anymore.

I've watched that stage about 5 times as this is my mystical mountain stage to remember. Like it's Aprica 94, Les Deux Alpes 98, Sestiere 92 etc. for the older ones!

Ryo Hazuki said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Moose McKnuckles said:

The fact that he closed the gap considerably to the leaders isn't enough? Stop being purposefully obtuse.