• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2015 Stage 20: Saint-Vincent – Sestriere 199km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 27, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Bushman said:
Landa should attack early on Finestre with Contador and keep a tough pace. That way he can win the stage and take back his second place, which he deserves.

You really think that Landa can attack all the way up to the Finestre? :confused:

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Weak group have a 30 second gap

Berard, Bandiera, Boem, Izagirre, Ulissi, Berlato, Busato, Zakarin, Saramotins.

Some big teams missing so I doubt it will go away but if it does then it easily is brought back.

Re: Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
This was one of my favorite stages in 2005 when Salvodelli rode brilliantly to salvage his Giro after being put into difficulty on the Finestre.
His descent that day was magnificent. What a stage that was. Hopefully we'll see a proper battle tomorrow as well.

lol what? he took back a massive 10 seconds :rolleyes: not to mention he couldn't even drop ardila and van huffel in the descent :rolleyes:

Still butthurt about Rujano, I see.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

SafeBet said:
Kind of a weak break compared to what I expected. I don't think they stand a chance, too many in the peloton want to win this stage.

Yeah, teams would have wanted better climbers in the break. Bardiani would prefer Pirazzi or Bongiorno up there instead of Boem. Surprised Sky don't have a rider up there. OGE as well. Some big teams are missing riders so it's a bit of a shock that they got away, but again, everyone has tired legs.

LaFlorecita said:
The Hitch said:
What was it in Sam's post that so many people disagree with. Seems like a sensible one to me.
It's not so much the content but rather the way he puts it which is obviously to stir trouble and provoke people to reply (iow bait). SeriousSam is very good at this. Semi-sensible posts of which you cannot be sure if it is a serious post or a troll post.

So many have been bait that I just assume they are all bait and ignore them.

Jalgratas95 said:
Bushman said:
Landa should attack early on Finestre with Contador and keep a tough pace. That way he can win the stage and take back his second place, which he deserves.

You really think that Landa can attack all the way up to the Finestre? :confused:

Not from the bottom, but he needs to drop Aru before Aru attacks and is let go by Contador.

But he probably won't be allowed to.

Bushman said:
Jalgratas95 said:
Bushman said:

Not from the bottom, but he needs to drop Aru before Aru attacks and is let go by Contador.

But he probably won't be allowed to.

Landa is not going to attack a second place to a mate, Astana is a team. He said yesterday that important is the stage for Astana, not to be second or third.

If I were Astana I will attack with Aru first at the first 3 km of Finestre,.it seems like Contador let him go,, but if Contador want the stage he must follow him.. anyway, he cant sleeps if Aru attack, becouse is 4 minutes, not 10...for sure there were some wheel to follows, as Koning or Krispis.

To drop Contador is possible it there have been battle before, but not without... if he go as you said with Contador at his wheel from the beginning, Contador will attack at the end and take the stage, as he did with Froome in Farrapona and Ancares, becouse to go sucking whell is quite an advantage...but if aru attack, and Contador follow, Maybe Landa can take some meters, and if he do that, for sure will be not just stage and 20 seconds, but 2 minutes, usseles anyway to win the Giro...but yes to send a message to Alberto.

i saw yesterday again first climb to Finestre, Di Luca did the work... Rujano get the stage...not a good tactic...

But Contador has a hight aceleration, it is not easy to drop him except he is very tired, or you are stronger and the gradient is more than 12 %.

And if you dont drop in the first moment, he can hold the wheel as we show with Froome and with Andy in tourmalet, althogh were big paces.. , But it is not so difficult put big time on him once he cant get the wheel...

it can be lot of situations today... Landa attacks foirst, Aru, Contador...who knows.. but I think that contador attack forst Landa will get him...and i think that at the pace of crispis, atthe end of the finestre Landa could droop Contador with an strong and long attack.

Contador has not to follow him, he has more than 5 minutes of him..but if Contador want the stage, he should...

He said he want it.. for me will be ok to let Landa go.. but I dont want that excuse at the end, he must say, I dont need to follow Landa, before the stage.. and I didnt heard that

TRENDING THREADS