• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2015 Stage 20: Saint-Vincent – Sestriere 199km

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
If Landa wasn´t hold back by the idiots in the car (for at least 3 mountain stages), he certainly could have had a chance to win this Giro. In a normal business Martinelli would be FIRED!

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

markene2 said:
Whats with the comments on Conatdor beeing so. so? Fair enough he could not follow Landa, he still leads with 4 minutes in the GC. It bodes very well for the Tour..
Some of his fans claimed it's ridiculous to suggest Landa climbs better than Contador :p

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re:

markene2 said:
Whats with the comments on Conatdor beeing so. so? Fair enough he could not follow Landa, he still leads with 4 minutes in the GC. It bodes very well for the Tour..

People think: if he can't follow Landa, how on earth will he be able to beat Froome and Quintana and the Tour?

But i'm thinking: is there any better climber in the world then Landa now? :D

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Bertie is here to win the Giro. There is no point in him killing himself just to go with Landa, who is too far behind to seriously challenge for pink. Bertie has bigger fish to fry.

Stevie K needs to be third now....

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Arredondo said:
markene2 said:

People think: if he can't follow Landa, how on earth will he be able to beat Froome and Quintana and the Tour?

Yes. And they'll all be at the Tour.

Arredondo said:
markene2 said:

Good point, probably no one at this point.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
The difference between Contador and the 2nd best climbers aren't so big these days like before, that he can beat them when he is not in peak form. Landa is simply just better right now, we have all seen the signals on other stages.

May 29, 2015
Visit site
It's amazing to think that Zakarin only had 40 seconds to the peloton at the bottom of the climb. Only Landa has ridden the climb faster than him so far.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Arredondo said:
markene2 said:

I don't think so, i mean contador should easily be able to ride away from the rest.

I would love to see how that landa does against the other big 3 though. Beasting

TRENDING THREADS