• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2016 St 20 Guillestre–S.Anna di Vinadio 134 km

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

Brullnux said:
Gloin22 said:
Carols said:
4 Grand Tours and a Monument....One of the best in the sport!

3 lucky GT's. I wish all people on this planet had as much luck as Nibali .

Personally I don't really believe in luck in sports. Nibali has capitalised on his rivals' mistakes 3 times.

Yea that's fair, Nibali always puts himself in great positions and is superbly allround guy, can't disagree. Either way, one can't deny that he's a class act.

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Man, under normal circumstances Kruijswijk would have finalized his Giro win right now.

But instead we get cheater no.1 Vinokourov celebrating his brat's success.
Vino, the Nazarbayev family... it's all rainbows and sunshine though right?

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
What a great life Vino has. Living in Monco, being a big shot in cycling management, personal backing of the dictator from back home. Looks like he's living life to the fullest

Gloin22 said:
Brullnux said:
Gloin22 said:
Carols said:

Personally I don't really believe in luck in sports. Nibali has capitalised on his rivals' mistakes 3 times.

Yea that's fair, Nibali always puts himself in great positions and is superbly allround guy, can't disagree. Either way, one can't deny that he's a class act.
Making sure that when others make mistakes, it's you that gets to profit and not somebody else, is a skill in and of itself, I guess. So yes, Nibali has had a bit of fortune with the 2010 Vuelta and 2014 Tour, this one I'd call 50-50 as Kruijswijk's crash was big fortune for him, but it wasn't like he inherited the lead, he still had a significant deficit to turn around.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
lol @ all the Nibali hate

I wanted Kruijswijk to win too, but it's undeniable that Nibali had some great aggressive riding and showed a lot of character to get a beautiful win. If it's about clinical issues, well, they should be kept in the clinic.......

Anyway, thank you Vincenzo, Steven, Esteban, Ilnur and the rest for a great Giro!

Re:

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Man, under normal circumstances Kruijswijk would have finalized his Giro win right now.

But instead we get cheater no.1 Vinokourov celebrating his brat's success.
There were normal circumstances. It's about a bike, a road and a bike rider. If the bike rider cannot stay on the road because of his own fault, it is normal circumstances.

Libertine Seguros said:
Gloin22 said:
Brullnux said:
Gloin22 said:
Carols said:

Making sure that when others make mistakes, it's you that gets to profit and not somebody else, is a skill in and of itself, I guess. So yes, Nibali has had a bit of fortune with the 2010 Vuelta and 2014 Tour, this one I'd call 50-50 as Kruijswijk's crash was big fortune for him, but it wasn't like he inherited the lead, he still had a significant deficit to turn around.
This^

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
So I was wrong. Chaves wasn't ok.

Hats down anyway, it was hard for him to fight against such inhuman force. And Kruijswijk is tough guy.

Nibali, well... We expected this, don't we? No surprise. Soon or later, he was going to step his form up another step. Why not for last two mountain stages. It's only logical; he sucked hard on tuesday mountain stage, then he had two weeks for training in altitude and hone his form...wait, what? He was racing and there were only two days? The guy is god of recovery (and holding motos and whining, too).

TRENDING THREADS