• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2017 STAGE 20: Pordenone – Asiago 190 km

Page 48 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

bob.a.feet said:
DFA123 said:
Valv.Piti said:
What are we rating this spectacle, whats the general consensus? I'd say around 6,5, the route wasn't for that much more.
Agreed, I'd probably give it a 6 overall. Almost entirely for the GC battle - the sprints, breakaways and KOM didn't add a great deal to the race imo. I really enjoyed the last week; it's been a while since we had such an intruiging GC battle, but the first two weeks were pretty lame - especially those tedious sprint stages culminating in unneccesarily technical finishes.

A bit of rain would have been nice as well.
It feels like there was only about 4 stages where something actually happened

I think there are definite parallels with the 2011 Tour, which was very good and had a really close GC race right to the end but was insanely backloaded. I did rewatch that recently though and with hindsight it's obvious that Cadel was super strong the whole way through. In contrast Dumoulin has had to pull through some real moments of crisis.

Zinoviev Letter said:
Pricey_sky said:
klintE said:
Orbit501 said:
It would actually be quite funny if Tom D's trash talk came true and Nibs and Quintana both got shoved off the podium.
Why? It's always funny when someone bully other one and eventually nails it? I know You now.

Where was the bullying? I've seen a rider make a statement after a stage in the heat of the moment, but it absolutely isn't bullying.

You have to remember that some people here put criticising their favourite cyclists in the same moral category as drowning puppies, wifebeating and stealing food from starving children.
I don't get why that is listed together with the two others. If you have a surplus and don't like using a shovel...

Netserk said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Pricey_sky said:
klintE said:
Orbit501 said:
It would actually be quite funny if Tom D's trash talk came true and Nibs and Quintana both got shoved off the podium.
Why? It's always funny when someone bully other one and eventually nails it? I know You now.

Where was the bullying? I've seen a rider make a statement after a stage in the heat of the moment, but it absolutely isn't bullying.

You have to remember that some people here put criticising their favourite cyclists in the same moral category as drowning puppies, wifebeating and stealing food from starving children.
I don't get why that is listed together with the two others. If you have a surplus and don't like using a shovel...
Why am I not suprised :eek:

Orbit501 said:
Where was the bullying?
To me it was on the spot emotion and inexperience. He apologised for it the next day.
I certainly wouldn't call it bullying.
TD is in his best now. Nairito and Nibs - 6 times GT winners are not.
He used this advantage to take some ridiculous orders - both on the road and after race talks.
Mean, rude and weak.
<Coelhomode>I know sometimes you need to go asleep and cool down to understand your own actions but in the time it was what it was. And sorry isn't really the hardest word. Hardest is don't have to say it. </Coelhomode>
I don't feel that will not happen again.

Ataraxus said:
klintE said:
Ataraxus said:
Let Pinot get a 10 seconds gap plus bonifications and let's see who'll ride the TT on road bike better ;)
Different story. :)
Different but intertwined with the event of Nairo not attacking at all and the event of him having a relatively easy Sunday. Interesting dynamics will develop today. For everyone Sunday TT will be full turbo mode.
Everyone but Nairo, IMO
I think he knows he loosed it and won't fight for 2nd or 3rd like for life

It's now past 6 pm in my neck of the woods, I have been disciplined, but now it's time to celebrate full-genius :cool: .

What a stage today! The biggest win of Tibopino's career.

Cheers to you all!

Forza Tibopino! Il Grandissimo! Il Cappo di Tutti Coppi (like Fausto)!
:)

Zinoviev Letter said:
Pricey_sky said:
klintE said:
Orbit501 said:

Well I do know one prominent rider who proudly boasts in his autobiography of animal cruelty.

The Hitch said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Pricey_sky said:
klintE said:
Orbit501 said:

Well I do know one prominent rider who proudly boasts in his autobiography of animal cruelty.
I don't remember any cruelty in Mein Climb. Didn't he just feed his pet with others' pets? Cruel towards the other kids, but I don't find it particular cruel towards the pets.

Netserk said:
The Hitch said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Pricey_sky said:
klintE said:

I don't remember any cruelty in Mein Climb. Didn't he just feed his pet with others' pets? Cruel towards the other kids, but I don't find it particular cruel towards the pets.

Its pretty stupid if you haven't actually read the book to make assumptions about what is being referred to. No its not just that 1 incident that made a thread in the forum several years ago. In the book, this particular individual is obsessed with animals and killing them. His walls were decorated with the corpses of hundreds of butterfiles he killed daily for no other purpose but to decorate it. He talks at lenght about the fun he and his brothers had in beating up this helpless big Turkey they had for years.

BTW the rabbits thing is cruel. Seriously? You don't think its cruel to put live animals in cages with their predators with nowhere to run to? . FFS let nature take its course. And its not just the rabbits but the live mice and rodents he fed his snakes for years. Its not like he was unaware of the pain he was causing because he mentions specifically that he remembers the screams of the dying animals and proudly boasts that it didn't effect him.

I was reminded of the incident recently when Sam Harris was asked a question about humans and animal suffering and he responded that while we can't really interfere with the animal world, there is something deeply immoral about feeding live animals to pet snakes. If you lack the imagination to conceive what it would be like to spend your last minutes in the terror of facing a brutal predator, with nowhere to escape to, then that's your issue. To force such a painful and terrifying death on hundreds of them in order to satisfy 1 animal (1 which doesn't even have any deeper connection with the owner anyway), is very cruel.

TRENDING THREADS