• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 15: Rivolto - Piancavallo 185 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nibali looked awful today. If there are any attacks from Pozzo/Fulgsang tomorrow he can sink like Titanic.

Almeida will also pay the iron price for today's effort.

American from UAE will follow Pogacar's footsteps.
Sure, Nibali looked bad today, but what makes you think Fuglsang (who was downright horrible today) could drop him tomorrow? I mean sure it could happen, but there are no signs pointing in that direction.

Reactions: Danskebjerge
5dc5695379d7573cab47fb92

Majka has the best helper in the race. If one of Almeida/Keldermen drop before Konrad does, Bora needs to sacrifice Konrad and put him to work. I hope that happens within first 4km of the climb. That, or Fuglsang attack is the best scenario for some action imho. I am also curious how Valter does. Good TT from him

Majka has the best helper in the race. If one of Almeida/Keldermen drop before Konrad does, Bora needs to sacrifice Konrad and put him to work. I hope that happens within first 4km of the climb. That, or Fuglsang attack is the best scenario for some action imho. I am also curious how Valter does. Good TT from him
Konrad is not Majka's helper, will not be sacrificed until 18th/20th stage in any case.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Konrad isn´t great on long climbs. Not sure if he is any better than Masnada, Pernsteiner or HIndley.

Reactions: Sandisfan
well, if Kelderman and Almeida both get dropped, how big would that group then be? 5 riders?! If Konrad and Majka are both part of that group, sure, they they would probably send him to the front - but how likely is a situation like that to happen?

Sunweb and Bora are the ones with tactical options. Both could use 1-2 very capable Dom's (Oomen, Hindley, Conrad) on top of usual train and try to drop DQS Doms. However I'm not entirely sure they would be able to.

I think the best option for them is either wait for 3rd week tomorrow (Sunweb tactic), or attack with their #2 man early (Bora tactic) to make DQS work hard and burn their matches.

TRENDING THREADS