• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 15: Rivolto - Piancavallo 185 km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Considering that Thomas already won the race in the first TT and after his crash Yates was the winner for half a stage I am crowning Almeida as the new winner for the next 15-16 hours.
After the Piancavallo stage Kelderman will obviously be the unbeatable leader of the race so we should just cancel the remaining stages. Not to mention that Nibali had it in the bag before the race even started.

Seriously...I think some people are really overrating the current gaps: After 14 stages the top 12 in the GC are still within 4min 8s. In 2016 Nibali was 4:43 behind Kruijswijk and 1:43 behind Chaves after stage 18. In 2018 Froome was 3:22 behind Yates and 2:54 behind Dumoulin after stage 18.
This years Giro is even more back loaded. No reason to hit the panic button for any of the GC guys. Even if they lose more time tommorrow.

Yeah, i just remembered why i though PCS was a crap site. In their overview they only list the races where the riders score points according to their point system. Meaning, everything outside top 30 isn't even listed :tearsofjoy:

This is what I get when sorting by (I)TT results.

VDiP4L9.jpg

I don't know what you are doing but it works fine for me. If you honestly believed he never finished outside of the top30 maybe the site is not to blame.

Absolute crap site.

Last edited:
Interesting stage profile for tomorrow.

The long downhill after the 2nd to last climb means, that good descenders such as Nibali and Fuglsang can attack before the last climb.

It may be too soon in the race for Nibali, but Fuglsang being 4 minutes down and knowing there is another TT to come, almost has to try something long range, and tomorrow is one of the few good opportunities.

Fingers crossed :cool:

• Love
Reactions: SarahtheDane
Tao to outsprint Pozzo, Nibali and Majka. Kelderman to lose 6 seconds but limits his loses very well in the last km, almost catching the group of 4.

Almeida to lose a bit over a minute, making it unclear who will have the jersey after the stage.

McNulty to lose 2 minutes. Feeling the fattigue from the time trial.

The Bird to crack completely. Losing 10 minutes.

Last edited:
This is the toughest MTF in this Giro, slightly tougher than Etna. It's a crucial stage, even if nothing is cancelled. A climber who wants to win the Giro has to take time back today, but the GC battle will be limited to the final climb.

The stage win might go to the breakaway, because I don't think one team is confident enough to work hard all day. Candidates: Vanhoucke, Puccio, Conti...

This is the toughest MTF in this Giro, slightly tougher than Etna. It's a crucial stage, even if nothing is cancelled. A climber who wants to win the Giro has to take time back today, but the GC battle will be limited to the final climb.

The stage win might go to the breakaway, because I don't think one team is confident enough to work hard all day. Candidates: Vanhoucke, Puccio, Conti...

I just put five dollars cold hard cash on Puccio at 600-1.... :cool:

TRENDING THREADS