• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, Stage 17: Bassano del Grappa – Madonna di Campiglio 203 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
My expectation. Nibali goes off on Stelvio, getting 2nd behind random breakaway rider, sowing it's still possible to win.

Agnello then gets canceled.
Yes I was asked to help D&D make seasn 8 of GoT worse but I did refuse that one and I had nothing to do with that
So you want to tell me Contador was Nibali's uncle all along but when they find out it adds nothing to the plot?????

Zakarin has this written all over it.

I agree, although I was hoping for a better price than is on offer. Dry roads and the trickier descents being far from the finish should mean his hopelessness downhill doesn't cost him.

Dennis at 100-1 (price shorter now) was the best value for me by far. Has very good legs right noe and very few in a break would be capable of dropping him on the last climb.

Tough stage although I don’t expect GC action until the final climb. Still given the length and amount of climbing which precedes the finale it would not surprise me to see some decent gaps on the final climb if a team like Sunweb is willing to take control. The risk is that everyone has an eye towards tomorrow’s stage instead.

As a Portuguese i hope for a glorius day for us. Almeida kkeping the maglia rosa and Gerreiro taking the mountains classification,
I would go for a wictory from a rider from the break, but there are a lot of guys that need to recover the lost time, like Nibali, Fuglsang, Pozzovivo. But to do so, they can't wait on the last climb.
It may be my heart speaking instead of my brain, but for me João Almeida is the main contender right now, and the mais rivals are Hindley and Tao. I don't know why, but i think Keldermen is loosing some gas. But the truth is that stelvio stage can be tricky for these three young rides.

Reactions: Cookster15
Hopefully Jai Hindley gives this another big shake. He's riding for Kelderman so sadly not sure we get to see what he could actually do if not left on the front. Final climb looks quite easy on paper so I think Sunweb might want to whittle down the lead group before Madonna di Campiglio?

What is the weather forecast for tomorrow? If a shortened stage then maybe that force more action by GC teams on this stage?

TRENDING THREADS