• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 18: Pinzolo - Laghi di Cancano 207 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

In whose bag is the queen stage of this Giro

• Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Antonio Nibali

Votes: 47 71.2%

• Total voters
The mythical Stelvio. Most legendary climb in pro-cycling and only 38 km before the finish! Perfect stage for long-lasting drama. The Shark to go thermonuclear on Stelvio. Laghi di Cancano is not very difficult but the riders will be isolated and tired by then so this climb can make big differences as well. Let the carnage begin:

4789e0608bd7c2f8b1a07eb2a0ee9660.jpg

If I'm allowed a somehow nationalist note, I'd like to point out that regardless of what happens tomorrow (I'd be very happy with white jersey and podium at this point), it will be amazing as a portuguese to see a fellow countryman like João Almeida riding in the pink jersey up the Stelvio. It's completely unbelievable that he's even in this position, obviously a lot of stars aligned for him but anyway it's the way that's he's racing that's quite amazing. He looks like relishing the maglia rosa, loving every minute of it and attacking in the jersey is also one for the memory books.

My prediction for tomorrow is Kelderman in pink but in any case, good luck for Almeida! :)

Guys I am so freaking hyped that even if Nibali takes 40 minutes, Almeida drops Kelderman & Hindley and Pozzovivo takes the stage win I will be disappointed.

What if he takes an hour, Almeida cracks, Kelderman takes a dump in a camper van, Zakarin doesn't crash, Hindley runs over a dog, Fuglsang gains a husband, Pozzovivo drops someone while attacking, and Bilbao wins the stage?

If I'm allowed a somehow nationalist note, I'd like to point out that regardless of what happens tomorrow (I'd be very happy with white jersey and podium at this point), it will be amazing as a portuguese to see a fellow countryman like João Almeida riding in the pink jersey up the Stelvio. It's completely unbelievable that he's even in this position, obviously a lot of stars aligned for him but anyway it's the way that's he's racing that's quite amazing. He looks like relishing the maglia rosa, loving every minute of it and attacking in the jersey is also one for the memory books.

My prediction for tomorrow is Kelderman in pink but in any case, good luck for Almeida! :)
Can’t wait to see him in the Volta Portugal in 2035!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Just checked the schedule. They hit Prato between 14:00 and 14.30 CET.
I get out of work at 14:30 and have a 1h commute. Unfortunately, I'm not @Gigs_98.

They will hit Trafoi (about 1/3 or the climb) between 14:30 and 15:00 and the action (plus great landscapes) may start around there. From there it's 14 km at 8.7%, very difficult and very long section. BTW Stelvio east may not be the steepest climb but it's hard for so long: it has the longest section of 8%+ avg. grade: last 21 kilometers!

Trafoi:

01-2_2_trafoi_wandern_bella_vista_hotel_10.jpg

One of a few Alpine regions I haven't been to but must hike there one day! (majestic Ortler massif in the background)

• Love
Reactions: Ricco' and SafeBet

TRENDING THREADS