• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 18: Pinzolo - Laghi di Cancano 207 km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

In whose bag is the queen stage of this Giro

• Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Antonio Nibali

Votes: 47 71.2%

• Total voters
Anyone else expecting on of the GC guys to be dropped on the first climb? I think the pace will be really high. Every single team not named Quickstep or Sunweb will try to send riders up the road. Wouldn´t be suprised if we only have 15-20 guys left after the first 15kms of the stage.

VOK7NW.gif

Guys I am so freaking hyped that even if Nibali takes 40 minutes, Almeida drops Kelderman & Hindley and Pozzovivo takes the stage win I will be disappointed.

Ganna will be a single man breakaway until the feed zone, there he will take a bottle from a DQS guy and throw it away when he realizes it's not his. Kelderman will crash over this bottle, not getting badly hurt, but will be left chasing the peloton which is paced by Hindley. It will start to rain, Antonio Nibali will attack, catch Ganna, they both will go up the Stelvio together, the peloton behind them splitting into pieces. At the top of the Stelvio Caicedo will attack, overtake Ganna and Antonio, get caught by Vincenzo. What's left of the peloton - about 50 guys - is driven down the descent by Ilnur Zakarin and catches the shark shortly before the next sprint. Everyone and their mother and grandfather watches TGH who said before the start he will attack to take his second. Nobody dares to move. Finally Majka, feeling Konrad will go for it and not accepting this, attacks, gets a second, but he is caught as well, because we now that everyone has to pay for an attack sooner or later, it's Iljo Keisse who pulls the peloton back thirty meters before the finish line, next to his wheel is Álvaro Hodeg who has cleverly been saving his energy all these days for this moment. Álvaro sprints. Álvaro wins this bike race. :hearteyes::hearteyes::cocktail:
What a day.
BlueRoads becomes a hardcore Giro fan.

Ganna will be a single man breakaway until the feed zone, there he will take a bottle from a DQS guy and throw it away when he realizes it's not his. Kelderman will crash over this bottle, not getting badly hurt, but will be left chasing the peloton which is paced by Hindley. It will start to rain, Antonio Nibali will attack, catch Ganna, they both will go up the Stelvio together, the peloton behind them splitting into pieces. At the top of the Stelvio Caicedo will attack, overtake Ganna and Antonio, get caught by Vincenzo. What's left of the peloton - about 50 guys - is driven down the descent by Ilnur Zakarin and catches the shark shortly before the next sprint. Everyone and their mother and grandfather watches TGH who said before the start he will attack to take his second. Nobody dares to move. Finally Majka, feeling Konrad will go for it and not accepting this, attacks, gets a second, but he is caught as well, because we now that everyone has to pay for an attack sooner or later, it's Iljo Keisse who pulls the peloton back thirty meters before the finish line, next to his wheel is Álvaro Hodeg who has cleverly been saving his energy all these days for this moment. Álvaro sprints. Álvaro wins this bike race. :hearteyes::hearteyes::cocktail:
What a day.
BlueRoads becomes a hardcore Giro fan.
BlueRoads becoming a hardcore Giro fan is by far the most unlikely thing I've read in the post. (ok maybe except for Majka attacking)

Can i ask y'all, what are y'all smoking? This feels like a parody thread. Y'all need to get off that Nibali's D. He showed diddly squat uphill and none of Almeida and Keldermerckx are forced to follow him downhill. They have over 3 mins on him and even if he gains a minute downhill they can just control the gap on Torri di Fraele with their superior teams. I expect at least Masnada/Knox and Hindley to be there with their leaders. Only chance of anything working would be if Almeida and Keldermerckx just pop/bonk but i have trouble seeing it comming.

Can i ask y'all, what are y'all smoking? This feels like a parody thread. Y'all need to get off that Nibali's D. He showed diddly squat uphill and none of Almeida and Keldermerckx are forced to follow him downhill. They have over 3 mins on him and even if he gains a minute downhill they can just control the gap on Torri di Fraele with their superior teams.

I feel sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big and I'm sorry you don't believe in Nibali's.

Can i ask y'all, what are y'all smoking? This feels like a parody thread. Y'all need to get off that Nibali's D. He showed diddly squat uphill and none of Almeida and Keldermerckx are forced to follow him downhill. They have over 3 mins on him and even if he gains a minute downhill they can just control the gap on Torri di Fraele with their superior teams. I expect at least Masnada/Knox and Hindley to be there with their leaders. Only chance of anything working would be if Almeida and Keldermerckx just pop/bonk but i have trouble seeing it comming.
I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles

attack --> minutes --> bag --> trophy cabinet. It's honestly not that hard.

I have to admit, I guess the hype for Lord Antonio has gotten a liiittle out of hand.

And coming back on earth, in 2017 Gearo, during Mortirolo > Stelvio > Umbrailpass stage nothing spectacular happen.
Nibally has won, but no significant gaps were noticed (although, Stelvio (Stilfserjoch) was ridden really hard).

Oh no, wait... Tom Dumoulin (race leader) lost more than 2 minutes ;0

I feel sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big and I'm sorry you don't believe in Nibali's.

»I think you have this all wrong.

You are the one who is blind and connot see the truth in the world. You live sheltered in a monastry of your hate, and cannot admire beauty and truth while I snort the cocaine of excellence and bang the hooker of awesomeness.«

Anyone else expecting on of the GC guys to be dropped on the first climb? I think the pace will be really high. Every single team not named Quickstep or Sunweb will try to send riders up the road. Wouldn´t be suprised if we only have 15-20 guys left after the first 15kms of the stage.

could easily get dropped but it seems that whenever we get these awesome crazy chaotic starts that leave the leaders group breakaway sized at some point there is always a ceasefire and they go to touring pace allowing another 50-80 riders to catch back on.

TRENDING THREADS