• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d'Italia 2021 stage 11: Perugia – Montalcino 162 km

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

???

• Poll?

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • Bag?

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Rain?

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • Button?

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Ban poll

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • Delete OP

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Vin(cenz)o

Votes: 24 27.6%

• Total voters
Main pics for today Bardet and Formolo, Remco to surprise (again) keeping close to Bernal guided by The Tractor. Ciccone will not disappoint also Caruso in the mix. Yates and Cathy most likely will lose time. Nibali, an unknown.

Nibali's track record on Strade Bianche is surprisingly bad (or mediocre rather); if he was fit I would expect his edge to be bigger in a Strade-like stage in the Giro, but I think I wouldn't consider him a favourite.

Actually if you look at the results of the 2010 Sterrato stage it's my belief the inclement conditions actually kept the gaps down - The Basso cohort lost 2 minutes because rain slows the pace of the race - If it's totally dry then you could have gaps of 4 or 5 minutes.

Nibali's track record on Strade Bianche is surprisingly bad (or mediocre rather); if he was fit I would expect his edge to be bigger in a Strade-like stage in the Giro, but I think I wouldn't consider him a favourite.

It's bad because the race takes place when he's usually early in building form. He is far from a favorite today, I just hope he doesn't lose minutes to relevant riders.

Reactions: Carols
Again, and to be clear, i like mountain stages. I love them. But you can't pretend GT's aren't skewed in favor of climbers, because they are.

But they always were, Logic, even a famous chrono-man like Anquetil was competitive on the mountains, otherwise he wouldn't have won.
In 1910 they rode over Peyresourde, Aspin, Tourmalet and Aubisque - on single speed, steel bikes and probably unpaved roads in a 326 km stage. I think that favoured a climber too.

Bernie Eisel interviewing Sagan in Italian.

E1vsIzoXIAAnuPs

TRENDING THREADS