• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d'Italia 2021 stage 16: Sacile - Cortina d'Ampezzo 212km

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

??

• Total voters
Seeing the images right now, Vegni should be fired on the spot after today's stage.

Imagine this happening on a 'professional' sport. Can't even think what would happen if a F1 race was cut by half due to possibility of rain only for no rain during the time of the race.
He should have been fired right after 2016 Tirreno scandal where they cancelled the MTF despite no issues. Acquarone was a shady person, but I would probably take him over Vegni.

If he is really dropped because he can't go faster here he should abandon the Giro since that means he is completely empty.
If he is dropped because he is suffering to much from the cold he should abandon.

Only reason why he won't abandon could be he is releasing his GC ambitionts (keeping top10) and just focussing on learning and completing the Giro without blowing himself....

Seeing the images right now, Vegni should be fired on the spot after today's stage.

Imagine this happening on a 'professional' sport. Can't even think what would happen if a F1 race was cut by half due to possibility of rain only for no rain during the time of the race.
You are an extremist and masochist for saying such things!

I dont even care if its raining or not raining. Thats not an excuse in the first place. But honestly, which race organizer would cut their highly anticipated queen stage short based on that? Nobody, I would have though before today.

Reactions: Forever The Best
Bit ironic that this strong break won't make it despite a big effort but (almost) every other stage was one by some shitty break so far...

One of those really hard to explain quirks of cycling to a non-fan.

You told me these riders are all really good but they're getting caught easily and the riders you said weren't very good yesterday won by 10 minutes!?!?

TRENDING THREADS