• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2023, stage 10: Scandiano – Viareggio 196 km

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Congratulations to Magnus Cort Nielsen for winning the stage.

Cold and wet conditions including some nasty crashes. Vlasov abandoning due to illness, Vine crashing. Such stages tend to shuffle GC. A lot of Ineos riders now in top 11. Caruso making a statement on the descend. He is more then interested in moving up. Sivakov being called back from the breakaway. Likely a signal that Ineos will defend the jersey in a more conservative way. We'll see.

Chapeau to Cort for his win, and I think most guys were just glad to get to the finish. The stage was almost cancelled which gives an idea of how bad the weather conditions were. Sad to see so many going home early and hoping for some good weather.

noob
I thought I had clicked this post to quote as start of this thread about
  • Today at 8:22 AM
  • Does Almeida have eyeliner????
    And if so how on earth does it stick in such weather conditions :O :eek: :eek: :eek:
I hope so

Who cares. But no, of course not.
The first I heard of this was when a guest actor (Nestor Carbonell...also was on LOST) on the show PSYCH was on in the trivia on IMDB he said that women have asked him if he wears some eye liner but he said he has a slight fold on his eye lids that makes it look like he does. There was a fringe player that played about 2 seasons on the NHL Sharks that had the same thing going on.
IMDB Internet Movie Data Base which when I watch some TV makes me go to that site and bringing up a show or Movie will get me clicking on different Actors/Actresses and I will end up going down the rabbit hole. LOL clicking from actor to actor or TV show or Movie looking up different actors. Some from when I was young in the 60s just reading their Mini Bios some are very interesting histories. <3

Last edited:
Cort's look
IMDB Internet Movie Data Base which when I watch some TV makes me go to that site and bringing up a show or Movie will get me clicking on different Actors/Actresses and I will end up going down the rabbit hole. LOL clicking from actor to actor or TV show or Movie looking up different actors. Some from when I was young in the 60s just reading their Mini Bios some are very interesting histories. <3

Is that between giving likes in different threads?

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Rubio doesn't strike me as a rider who would perform in such conditions with a dangerous descent to make the decisive selection.
Same as Fortunato.

But maybe I'm wrong and both have some health issues.
Dunno.

Isn't it an urban legend mainly that South Americans or Indigos respectively are always bad in bad weather conditions? Because we Europeans think of those countries as sunshine states. The weather in the Andes certainly is rough sometimes with mist, fog, rain, storm and even snow sometimes.

Quintana is quite good in bad weather actually. Carapaz too. When Perez Cuapio won in the Dolomites it was cold too I think?

Even José Rujano wasn't as bad as conveyed. He was 1st on top of the Stilfser Joch / Stelvio in 2005 and won on Großglockner in 2011. Only fell ill afterwards in 11.

Rujano was a bad descender though. Guys like Pantani, Rasmussen and again Quintana were good or at least solid descenders though. If we talk about climbers not specifically about South Americans.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Lui98
Dunno.

Isn't it an urban legend mainly that South Americans or Indigos respectively are always bad in bad weather conditions? Because we Europeans think of those countries as sunshine states. The weather in the Andes certainly is rough sometimes with mist, fog, rain, storm and even snow sometimes.

Quintana is quite good in bad weather actually. Carapaz too. When Perez Cuapio won in the Dolomites it was cold too I think?

Even José Rujano wasn't as bad as conveyed. He was 1st on top of the Stilfser Joch / Stelvio in 2005 and won on Großglockner in 2011. Only fell ill afterwards in 11.

Rujano was a bad descender though. Guys like Pantani, Rasmussen and again Quintana were good or at least solid descenders though. If we talk about climbers not specifically about South Americans.
This, the one who sucks in bad weather is Higuita, who's one of the very few Colombian climbers from the lowlands.

Dunno.

I wasn't making a general reference to South American climbers.
To my memory Rubio's best performances have come in good weather and mainly in races where only climbing matters. For instance last year in TotA he looked very good until the last stage (miserable conditions, technical descents involved) where he struggled a lot.

He's a lot more like Ivan Sosa than the riders you mention.

Reactions: staubsauger

TRENDING THREADS