• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d'Italia 2024 Stage 17: Selva di Val Gardena/Wolkenstein in Gröden – Passo Brocon, 159.0k

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
All great tales of heroes have villains. And it's good to see villains lose - the more, the better.

The practical boundaries are the law, but ideally we should in Europe have at least as strong protection of speech as in the US.

Pfff, this isn't a tale of heroes and villains, it's a sporting competition where the watcher for complete random reasons roots for one and not the other.

Yelling and booing is undignified, I didn't take you for a hooligan.

Pozzovivo lost 25 minutes :(
He has a history of not performing well in bad weather and despite popular belief the multi-mountain hard stages in the third week never were his forte. That's how he lost his main shot at the Giro podium in 2018.
He was also sick at the end of last week and the terrible weather conditions probably haven't helped him recover.

The same happened in Catalunya. I wonder if that's the reason they snubbed him for the Giro selection.
Tiberi and Poels are good buddies so I doubt this was the reason but you never know.

The more I think about it, the more Tiberi feels like an Italian Enric Mas. I see a lot of 2nd to 5th places in GTs in his near future.
Hopefully Tiberi's hairline is more resistant.

He snuck up on me this year. I guess it was the c** k****** that distracted me from his talent. Also, for some reason, I always forget about Bahrain since Colbrelli's unfortunately medical condition. Their jerseys are awfully bland for a high-profile team.

Italy could use another GT contender so I'm happy to see it.

Latest posts