Giro d'Italia Stage 18: Levico Terme - Brescia (156km)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
5,841
3
0
Mellow Velo said:
Grumble, finally! Excellent leadout for him from Sky.:rolleyes:

Sky got their train hooked up almost perfectly today, but Hendy just wasn't fast enough. He had to go a little early, but he was outmatched by Greipel and even by Julian Dean.
 
May 20, 2010
65
0
0
Any idea what Greipel's gesture, making a sort of mustache with the index fingers of both hands, then spreading his arms wide, means?
 
Perfect leadout from Sky finally.

Sadly the man on the end of the chain is so aware of his own inferiority that he spent all his time looking backwards - thus by the time he even tried to sprint he was already overtaken.

Frankly he owes the rest of the team an apology - he may not be the quickest, but he should at least try, and when you're set up that perfectly you look forward and go at 200, not ******ing about looking backwards till the peloton starts streaming past.
 
Sep 25, 2009
1,942
0
0
Ashtabula said:
Any idea what Greipel's gesture, making a sort of mustache with the index fingers of both hands, then spreading his arms wide, means?

Think he was kissing his hands
 
Mar 11, 2009
5,841
3
0
Ashtabula said:
Any idea what Greipel's gesture, making a sort of mustache with the index fingers of both hands, then spreading his arms wide, means?

He was just kissing his fingers. I think you are reading too much in to it.
 
Apr 15, 2010
330
0
0
any odds on andre going in the break tomorrow, just to show cav how real GT sprinters pick up points in intermediate sprints on mountain stages
 
Oct 16, 2009
3,864
0
0
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Perfect leadout from Sky finally.

Sadly the man on the end of the chain is so aware of his own inferiority that he spent all his time looking backwards - thus by the time he even tried to sprint he was already overtaken.

Frankly he owes the rest of the team an apology - he may not be the quickest, but he should at least try, and when you're set up that perfectly you look forward and go at 200, not ******ing about looking backwards till the peloton starts streaming past.
No way. Sky sky'd up another leadout. Looked to me like Henderson was alone with 350 to go.
 
goggalor said:
No way. Sky sky'd up another leadout. Looked to me like Henderson was alone with 350 to go.

You probably need to watch it again then.

From the overhead, you can see both Greipel and Dean are ahead of Henderson before he moves ahead of Sutton.

Rather than following and jumping off his own man, he's staring backwards for 200 yards watching Greipel and only going after Greipel jumped and it was too late for him anyway.
 
May 20, 2010
65
0
0
Yes, just saw slo-mo of the finish as the broadcast wrapped up: definitely just kissing his "No. 1" fingers, harmless.
 
Apr 12, 2010
646
0
0
at last Greipel wins, if he hadn't after all that work the team did at the front and setting him up, although at one point it looked as if he'd lost the wheel again coming into the final 600m, I think the team would have shot him.
 
Apr 18, 2010
155
0
0
i am getting the feeling that andre is the kind of rider that takes advantages of other sprinters trains than his own. why? i do not know if it is out of necesity of more like it is the way that he had raced in the past before columbia. or because he does not trust columbias "b" train. seeing how he has used sky's train here and during the tdu i say give him a contract and get rid of the guy that lost to him today.