• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia stage 20, Stage 20: Alba – Sestriere 190 km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Chiappucci did not become a great champion but until Pantani he was the unofficial holder of the most exciting cyclist in the peloton title, which is a very important title for me.
A real pity the new generation didn't have the pleasure to enjoy Chiapucci live on screen.
And what a contrast to the 1992 Tour Sestriere stage climbing in a dense sea of fanatic tifosis to today's almost empty roads...

Part of the reason I carried on watching cycling during times of disgrace was that I enjoyed hearing about the history and geography of some of these regions.

A large amount of these mountain passes were either built as good tactical spots for ancient warlords with big ideas or ski resorts.

In this case its a ski resort.

Part of the reason I carried on watching cycling during times of disgrace was that I enjoyed hearing about the history and geography of some of these regions.

A large amount of these mountain passes were either built as good tactical spots for ancient warlords with big ideas or ski resorts.

In this case its a ski resort.

Or both. Good skiing spots for holidaying warlords

Kelderman would normally be the best, and Hindley and TGH won't beat him on a flat course, if he avoids mishaps.
Hindley is the worst among them. You'd normally expect Bilbao to be better than THG, but that wasn't the case on the longer ITT in this Giro. Bilbao may have the advantage again on this route.
Has HIndley ever had a time trial that he has actually cared about?

Like at Helm's Deep the outcome depends on Rohan. If Dennis and Hart can drop Kelderman like on Stelvio, Tao can deal with Hindley on the last climb. The shallower gradients are better for Wilco though and he can get help from allies like Fuglsang.
Isn't it more like the Battle of the Pelennor fields, where Rohan isn't actually one of the main parties of the battle, but is crucial for the outcome anyway.

TRENDING THREADS