• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia stage 20, Stage 20: Alba – Sestriere 190 km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Isn't it more like the Battle of the Pelennor fields, where Rohan isn't actually one of the main parties of the battle, but is crucial for the outcome anyway.

Imo, in the films at least, Helms deep falls if the Lothlorien elves don't help out, even with Eomers rohirrim coming back, and Pelennor Fields falls if Aragorn doesn't arrive with the Army of the Dead.

Books are different as no elves at Helms Deep, bur still at Pelennors Field, their biggest effect really was Eowyn killing the Witch King. Gandalf and Aragorn with the army of dead still have the biggest impact to that win

Legs shall be shaken, bikes shall be splintered,
an Ineos day, a Grenadiers day, ere the sun rises!
Ride now, ride now, ride! Ride for the Giro and the world's ending!
Death! Death! Death!
Forth Skybots!
shudders

I'm trying to imagine this more like GoT season 8.

"My liege, the start is this morning"

"I dunwannit"

Meanwhile Nibali and all stans going all Bobby B all Giro about days gone by "GODS I WAS STRONG THEN"

Imo, in the films at least, Helms deep falls if the Lothlorien elves don't help out, even with Eomers rohirrim coming back, and Pelennor Fields falls if Aragorn doesn't arrive with the Army of the Dead.

Books are different as no elves at Helms Deep, bur still at Pelennors Field, their biggest effect really was Eowyn killing the Witch King. Gandalf and Aragorn with the army of dead still have the biggest impact to that win
I'd really like to get into a discussion about LotR here but I feel like that's just a little bit off topic.

I'd really like to get into a discussion about LotR here but I feel like that's just a little bit off topic.

Not if we keep on comparing them to the teams and riders.

Ineos - Rohan (although I personally consider Ineos and Sky as Mordor)
Quick Step - Gondor (held the lead for so long only to fall apart)
Nibali and Fuglsang - Merry and Pippin (lovable lads that are still there who might do something important)
Kelderman and Hindley - Legolas and Gimli (competing with each other but on the same team)

Not if we keep on comparing them to the teams and riders.

Ineos - Rohan (although I personally consider Ineos and Sky as Mordor)
Quick Step - Gondor (held the lead for so long only to fall apart)
Nibali and Fuglsang - Merry and Pippin (lovable lads that are still there who might do something important)
I guess in this race Kelderman is Sauron and Hindley is Saruman

Reactions: Gigs_98

TRENDING THREADS