• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro D'Italia: Stage 3: Reggio Emilia - Rapallo 173 Kms

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
They (Tuttobiciweb) think he hit a pedal on the guard rail and that sent him violently to the pavement with a fracture at the base of his skull. Rest in Peace, Wouter

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Horrific news, there is a memorial thread up in the forum.

I am half an inch away from closing this thread. Not sure what else can be added here about the stage itself that is worth saying, that is more appropriate there.

Please keep things respectful.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Barrus said:
That only concerns the outise edge of the descent, not the road surface itself, nor the wall on the other side of the road

yeah so we can be afraid of every downhil. seriously, a rider dieing happens eveyr 5 years or so and it's really horrible but that's also some of the risks. I;m sure if we stopped putting climbs and downhils in races nobody would be watching

May 27, 2010
Visit site
RIP wouter weylandt, I had a very bad feeling could tell by how damaged his face was and could see the paramedics doing cpr. my thoughts go out to you. The whole giro will be saddened by your death.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
From JV on Twitter - "Our thoughts are prayers are with Wouter. US TV just now reporting the severity of the crash. Wouter is Tyler's best friend.
37 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® "

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
yeah so we can be afraid of every downhil. seriously, a rider dieing happens eveyr 5 years or so and it's really horrible but that's also some of the risks. I;m sure if we stopped putting climbs and downhils in races nobody would be watching

Not sure if thats the right moment to act this way, so quit it..

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:

While what you say may be true, now is not the time to be talking about it in my opinion.

Francois the Postman said:
Horrific news, there is a memorial thread up in the forum.

I am half an inch away from closing this thread. Not sure what else can be added here about the stage itself that is worth saying, that is more appropriate there.

Please keep things respectful.

I completely concur with notion, and would advise that be the best course of action

Ryo Hazuki said:

i agree with this. it may not be the best time to talk about this but its reality.

still is very sad to see a cyclists die. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS