• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro D'Italia: Stage 3: Reggio Emilia - Rapallo 173 Kms

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing the feed from RAI sport and they are sounding very grim. Shots of grieving riders. A long shot from the air of the crash site and - I sure hope I am wrong - but, honest to God, it looks like a body under a blanket. Very long shot, can't see any thing. I don't speak Italian at all, but I have never heard a group of Italians this grim and subdued. Not joking about cultural stereotypes, but you know what I mean.

JohnNordin said:
I'm seeing the feed from RAI sport and they are sounding very grim. Shots of grieving riders. A long shot from the air of the crash site and - I sure hope I am wrong - but, honest to God, it looks like a body under a blanket. Very long shot, can't see any thing. I don't speak Italian at all, but I have never heard a group of Italians this grim and subdued. Not joking about cultural stereotypes, but you know what I mean.

do you have a link to that feed? my italian isn't perfect but is good enough to understand what is being said/written

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
What does this tweet from Fischer mean?: Grande Contador hj,qdo atacou o Millar o Contador ia atras,gritei"nao Alberto",o Millar foi embora e pegou a camisa/lider... Google translate doesn't help me much

Something along the lines of Miller attacked, Contador wanted to react, but Fischer yelled "no Contador" and Contador stopped, but Millar didn't.

JohnNordin said:

no no no no no!!!!

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
You are all asssuming that the peloton is aware of what is going on....

Susan

they definetely knew about the horrible crash because half the peloton were beyond weylandts and went to the front to say to lampre. of course they don't know if he's dead but anyone who saw him laying there knew it was very bad.

has anyone found a full result yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.