• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Stage 5: Novara - Novi Ligure (162km)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 18, 2010
882
0
0
Visit site
Boardslide said:
How much longer can Greipel keep using this virus as an excuse it's been a week now.

Yes, because everyone knows you immediately recover from a stomach bug if you just spend 5 hours a day cycling at +40 km/h.
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Visit site
tgsgirl said:
Yes, because everyone knows you immediately recover from a stomach bug if you just spend 5 hours a day cycling at +40 km/h.

Cavendish fans. Funny.

Notice how every single one of his posts is about Cavendish or Greipel. Guess why :p
 
May 6, 2009
8,522
1
0
Visit site
I think Farrar will drop out when all the sprinters do. Great to see the break stay away, would of loved to see Arashiro get the stage win, I have a soft spot for Bbox.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
2
0
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Glad to see Colnago are doing so well. Obviously much better than Vacansoleil or ISD could have done or even Flaminia..........

137 Sacha Modolo (Ita) Colnago-CSF Inox 0:00:26
139 Federico Canuti (Ita) Colnago-CSF Inox 0:00:48
140 Simone Stortoni (Ita) Colnago-CSF Inox
141 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) Colnago-CSF Inox
142 Alessandro Bisolti (Ita) Colnago-CSF Inox
170 Stefano Pirazzi (Ita) Colnago-CSF Inox 0:01:29
189 Marco Frapporti (Ita) Colnago-CSF Inox 0:08:16

(sour grapes)
 
Just stop your one-liners ACF94, it's clear you only search personal battles

CSF have a reputation with dopeys and it's bull**** that Zomegnan keeps Flaminia out for Ricco but invites CSF anyway...
ISD has done quite well past 2 years and now finally had a climber, and then they disregard them
Vacansoleil is a dutch team which would fitted well in the dutch stages and they have a good allround team unlike CSF who only have Pozzovivo and Modolo (who is underperforming), and have Italians Carrara (top 10 TdS) and Marcato (8th AGR)...

All 3 would have made a better choice if you see these results.
 
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Just stop your one-liners ACF94, it's clear you only search personal battles

CSF have a reputation with dopeys and it's bull**** that Zomegnan keeps Flaminia out for Ricco but invites CSF anyway...
ISD has done quite well past 2 years and now finally had a climber, and then they disregard them
Vacansoleil is a dutch team which would fitted well in the dutch stages and they have a good allround team unlike CSF who only have Pozzovivo and Modolo (who is underperforming), and have Italians Carrara (top 10 TdS) and Marcato (8th AGR)...

All 3 would have made a better choice if you see these results.
Colnago had realistic contenders (at least before the race) in Pozzovivo and Modolo. Cofidis, on the other hand, also got a wildcard, and they're doing even worse: dead last in the teams classification. And how can you blame them? Their team leader Moncoutié doesn't even want to be at the Giro. They never should have received that wildcard.
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Their team leader Moncoutié doesn't even want to be at the Giro. They never should have received that wildcard.

The guy who told Cofidis he would only ride another year if they let him skip the Tour to do the Giro and the Vuelta?

Where exactly did you get that idea?
 
Oct 29, 2009
2,578
0
0
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Colnago had realistic contenders (at least before the race) in Pozzovivo and Modolo. Cofidis, on the other hand, also got a wildcard, and they're doing even worse: dead last in the teams classification. And how can you blame them? Their team leader Moncoutié doesn't even want to be at the Giro. They never should have received that wildcard.

Yeah. Plus I really have no beef with smaller Italian teams getting a shot at "their own" races, especially if they have in theory very decent names on their roster.

I also was baffled by Cofidis. There really were keener and better (or at least equally qualified) participants. Ukrainian/Italian ISD would have deserved it given last year's showing and their reinforcements. And maybe if the TdF and Ardennes Classic decision had been announced before the Giro wild cards Vacansoleil's fortunes here might have been far better too. But all that is frustration hindsight peddling.

I'm still officially ****ed a deserving 2nd Dutch team was shunned across the board, and will remain so until after the TdF. If the Vuelta has the gaul to ignore Vacansoleil after last year too, I favour the black sheep Dekker route to get enough UCI points next year, so organisers will just have to accept them on their own merit (if that top-17 UCI ranking idea takes hold).
 

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
711
0
0
Visit site
issoisso said:
I think he's a given. Greipel is sick and Farrar can climb far better, so he'll get a ton of points more.

Dodgy comment I know with all the crashes that have been occurring....but for me Farrar and Henderson are the two form sprinters at the moment.
 
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Glad to see Colnago are doing so well. Obviously much better than Vacansoleil or ISD could have done or even Flaminia..........

137 Sacha Modolo (Ita) Colnago-CSF Inox 0:00:26
139 Federico Canuti (Ita) Colnago-CSF Inox 0:00:48
140 Simone Stortoni (Ita) Colnago-CSF Inox
141 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) Colnago-CSF Inox
142 Alessandro Bisolti (Ita) Colnago-CSF Inox
170 Stefano Pirazzi (Ita) Colnago-CSF Inox 0:01:29
189 Marco Frapporti (Ita) Colnago-CSF Inox 0:08:16

ISD would've been a much better inclusion.

craig1985 said:
Cofidis got 2nd on last night's stage.

Apparently going in sh*tty little breaks (and surviving) doesn't count.
 
auscyclefan94 said:
:rolleyes:
That's a tad hypocritical. You try to cause trouble and post to get reactions.
Except, this time, he's posted about something that has been debated, since the announcement of both the Giro and Tour, as you well know.
He also never brought up BMC, but Colnago and their inclusion, which, at the moment looks to be folly.
They have to fly come the mountains, to redeem themselves and justify their inclusion.
In short, Pozzovivo has to pull a 2008 Sella, without overdoing the rocket fuel.

At the moment it looks as if ISD, Vacansoleil and Ceramica Cobra would have really struggled to dominate the tail of the peloton, quite so effectively as CSF.
 
Mellow Velo said:
Except, this time, he's posted about something that has been debated, since the announcement of both the Giro and Tour, as you well know.
He also never brought up BMC, but Colnago and their inclusion, which, at the moment looks to be folly.
They have to fly come the mountains, to redeem themselves and justify their inclusion.
In short, Pozzovivo has to pull a 2008 Sella, without overdoing the rocket fuel.

At the moment it looks as if ISD, Vacansoleil and Ceramica Cobra would have really struggled to dominate the tail of the peloton, quite so effectively as CSF.

Well they don't have to redeem themselves. Wildcards are wildcards! They might pay off they might not! Let's wait to the end of the race before we judge!

Also I am a big believer in the organisers being able to invite who they want! I fully support an Italian race having a lot of Italian teams but politics is interesting!
 
timmers said:
Well they don't have to redeem themselves. Wildcards are wildcards! They might pay off they might not! Let's wait to the end of the race before we judge!
Also I am a big believer in the organisers being able to invite who they want! I fully support an Italian race having a lot of Italian teams but politics is interesting!

Lucky that the mountains are at the back end of the race, then.
The reason given by AZ for ISD's non-inclusion?
They didn't perform to expectations, in 2009.
Where are Xacobeo Galicia, this year?
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
2
0
Visit site
[

Mellow Velo said:
Except, this time, he's posted about something that has been debated, since the announcement of both the Giro and Tour, as you well know.
He also never brought up BMC, but Colnago and their inclusion, which, at the moment looks to be folly.
They have to fly come the mountains, to redeem themselves and justify their inclusion.
In short, Pozzovivo has to pull a 2008 Sella, without overdoing the rocket fuel.

At the moment it looks as if ISD, Vacansoleil and Ceramica Cobra would have really struggled to dominate the tail of the peloton, quite so effectively as CSF.

I know, but you can read behind the lines and Dekker tifosi and I have had some epic arguements in the forum about BMC. You can real between the lines and see that he was not happy about bmc being here because of there "weak" peformance so far.
 
auscyclefan94 said:
[



I know, but you can read behind the lines and Dekker tifosi and I have had some epic arguements in the forum about BMC. You can real between the lines and see that he was not happy about bmc being here because of there "weak" peformance so far.
You are like Don Quichote, fighting windmills that you see as enemies, please stop.

I haven't said a word about BMC 'weak performance' and the last sentence you wrote is a straight out lie. I don't think that. You clearly don't know me well. I warn you now, because I have a very very bad. thing against liars.Stop being Paranoid.
 
Dekker_Tifosi said:
You are like Don Quichote, fighting windmills that you see as enemies, please stop.

I haven't said a word about BMC 'weak performance' and the last sentence you wrote is a straight out lie. I don't think that. You clearly don't know me well. I warn you now, because I have a very very bad thing against liars.
Haha, I had a right chuckle at this one.
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I seriously can't stand it when people say something about me or someone else which is clearly not true.

This guy is so paranoid now, that when you talk about CSF, he thinks you really talk about BMC. Talk about obsession....:rolleyes:

Yeah. I don't know anyone like that :D