• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Stage 8: Chianciano - Monte Terminillo (189km)

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
beancounter ;)

;)

On a serious note, I wouldn't worry about today's stage. It's very typical Giro to have just an appetizer of a mountain stage in the first 10 days, then the real shootout in the last week or so

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Congrats to Sørensen.

Too bad about his collarbone 6 weeks ago. Otherwise he could have been a top 10 GC man. But then he wouldn't have won a stage i guess.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
if they are tired now, wait till the 3rd week. It is gonna be insane :D

And if people are disappointed with the lack of action on this stage, wait till the Pejo Fonti stage. They're gonna go insane (with boredom).

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
bobs *** said:
how bout that finish line salute...was that air drums...or conducting an orchestra....or lassoing cattle???

In the past he's done fishing - casting a line. It looked like that, but hard to see in the fog.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Francois the Postman said:
The only fact that remains is that people point out to you that not everyone has the sort of life that they can sit down for the highlight on the F1 calendar when it happens and you are too full of yourself to get it even then.

And that you are the sort of person who doesn't give a flying toss about the enjoyment of others. Not sure why you come here, it is obviously not to share a great experience, as you are revelling in ruining that of others, still.

New forum request: making spoilers about other sports in stage threads insta-posting bans for a week or so. Some people are just too thick, too selfish, or have too little common courtesy.

First you spoil it for several here, then you have the guts to insult those that complain. Worst poster on this forum, and you had some competition for that.

Last comment on the F1 from me. What happened during the last few years to the starting times for races in Australia, Singapore, Japan, China, Malaysia, etc? They were delayed and put back in those countries so you and your European cohorts can get prime viewing time. What happened today? Sunday midday to afternoon, typical rest day in the western world and people still whine. You have it sweet. You get the better coverage and viewing time and it still isn't good enough. Yes you have to choose, but how hard is it to flip between channels? I've been following F1 for ages and Monaco is boring as all hell. The race winner is set before the race begins barring rain or mechanical faults.

Do you wonder why it was rubbed in? FFS an Aussie won the race and this forum is littered with Aussies and the event many here chose to watch over the F1 just happened to have back to back Aussie winners. Another win for an Aussie. He just let it slip....oops. What did you expect? Someone was always going to drop the bombshell. That was obvious, but once again another European acts all hurt.

Get over yourself and come down from the Scottish Highlands. Did you vote for Brown as well like the rest of the intelligensia in Scotland? Plenty of the guys here were pretty mean to Sportzchic yesterday and are acting all high and mighty. Honestly those copping it had it coming on this one because of their angression yesterday. People bit and Davis bit them back harder. It is a forum...results are leaked all the time. I've lost count of the spoilers I've seen dropped simply because of the time overlap. I don't cry, I know it is going to happen. Your not very bright if you didn't expect this could happen on this thread. There was a reason people were told by Davis to HTFU. He is an Aussie and people were acting like soft c*&ks. As he said, make your choice on what to watch and deal with it. The event timing favours you guys so you have little to really complain about.

Honestly having a go at him what do you hope to achieve? He'll probably come back and let it slip with jest who wins in a fortnight. Bright move.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
issoisso said:
He's right behind you. Look.

(How awesome would it be if someone touched your shoulder just as you finished reading that?)

I am sure someone at Disney is working on that right now. 1st ride we went on at Disney was stitch escapes, which was a bit tooo realistic for my 7 year old...he came out crying his eyes out and wanting to go home.