• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Top 15

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Arredondo said:
Someone who knows what the weather will be for most of the Giro? Might chance some aspects.
Way to early to make any predictions, those long time weather forecast are usually not very reliable.
Last week there was summer in south tyrol. This week it's winter wonderland. Rumors go Ochowicz originally intended to call up Andrew Hampsten as replacement for Big Phil! :D ;)

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

staubsauger said:
Mayomaniac said:
Arredondo said:
Someone who knows what the weather will be for most of the Giro? Might chance some aspects.
Way to early to make any predictions, those long time weather forecast are usually not very reliable.
Last week there was summer in south tyrol. This week it's winter wonderland. Rumors go Ochowicz originally intended to call up Andrew Hampsten as replacement for Big Phil! :D ;)
It wasnt THAT bad, today we had 2°C and rain. :D

1. Landa
2. Nibali
3. Valverde
4. Uran
5. Zakarin
6. Majka
7. Hesjedal
8. Pozzovivo
9. Chaves
10. Dumoulin
11. Firsanov
12. Fuglsang
13. Kruiswijk
14. Formolo
15. Peraud

Actually I don't think its very likely that Nibali will finish 2nd. I have the feeling that he will either be in top shape and win or be out of the top 5. At least I can't really imagine a Nibali in bad shape beating Landa and Valverde. The reason why I put him on 2nd place is that I think he is the 2nd most likely rider to win the gc.

1. Nibali
2. Landa
3. Valverde

After that, Pozzo is always overrated between 10-15, Uran 4-7, Dumoulin 4-8, JCP the mummy may resurrect and get a top 10, Geniez 6-9, Zakarin ?, Majka should do well, top-10. Chaves 8-15, Birdsong 10-15, Kruij-Froome light (not a bad beer, but light) 10-15, Firsanov 7-15, Ryder ?.

Gosh, I wish Pinot was racing that one :mad: .

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Tonton said:
1. Nibali
2. Landa
3. Valverde

After that, Pozzo is always overrated between 10-15, Uran 4-7, Dumoulin 4-8, JCP the mummy may resurrect and get a top 10, Geniez 6-9, Zakarin ?, Majka should do well, top-10. Chaves 8-15, Birdsong 10-15, Kruij-Froome light (not a bad beer, but light) 10-15, Firsanov 7-15, Ryder ?.

Gosh, I wish Pinot was racing that one :mad: .
Looks good to me, Ryder is a big question mark, is team is pretty weak and he hasnt shown anything during Romandie.
Yeah, Pinot riding the Giro would be awesome.
Brambilla is my pick fo the mountains jersey.

Gigs_98 said:
1. Landa
2. Nibali
3. Valverde
4. Uran
5. Zakarin
6. Majka
7. Hesjedal
8. Pozzovivo
9. Chaves
10. Dumoulin
11. Firsanov
12. Fuglsang
13. Kruiswijk
14. Formolo
15. Peraud

Actually I don't think its very likely that Nibali will finish 2nd. I have the feeling that he will either be in top shape and win or be out of the top 5. At least I can't really imagine a Nibali in bad shape beating Landa and Valverde. The reason why I put him on 2nd place is that I think he is the 2nd most likely rider to win the gc.
I could see Nibali maybe mistiming his peak a bit and losing time early, only to be really strong in the final week (again), winning a stage or 2 and coming top 10.

Mistiming his peak, Nibali came 4th in a Tour that almost all top GT riders rode.
I can't really see him dropping out of the top3 unless he's declining (which of course could be the case). He has been outside the top5 of a GT he has finished once in the past 6 years.

1) Landa
2) Nibali
3) Zakarin
4) Valverde
5) Uran
6) Kruijswijk
7) Pozzovivo
8) Majka
9) Tommy D
10) Chaves
11) Geniez
12) Fuglsang
13) Roglic
14) Brambilla
15) Amador

Hesjedal could go stage hunting or sneak into the top10 depending how much time he loses in the firt 10 days of racing.
Koshevoy blue jersey.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Winner: Nibali or Landa
Podium:Nibali, Landa, Valverde, Zakarin (3 of the 4 mentioned Riders should finish on the podium)
Top 5: Those 4 plus Uran, Majka, Kruijswijk and maybe even Pozzovivo (probably just wishful thinking). I thought about Dumoulin, but his team is really weak and I fear that he'll have a bad day in the high mountains.
Top 15: Way too many riders have a shot.
Red jersey: Nizzolo or Viviani
Blue jersey: I could see De Marchi or Brambilla fighting for it, I want Dombrowski to win it by going on epic mountain raids in the high mountains.
White jersey: Probably Formolo, Kudus could surprise people.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Nibali won't make the podium. TBH not really seen much from him at all apart from the Tour '14 when it's fairly clear Contador and Froome that year would have relegated him to the third step had it not been for the crashes

GenericBoonenFan said:
Pantani_lives said:
Is there any chance of a domestique being better than his leader? Last year that was more or less the case with Landa vs. Aru, although the latter still finished higher.

Amador - Valverde?

Fugslang and Nibali. If Nibali is in bad shape then Fugslang will be leader, although actually ignore that because it happened at last year's Tour and that turned out well didn't it.

Brullnux said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Pantani_lives said:
Is there any chance of a domestique being better than his leader? Last year that was more or less the case with Landa vs. Aru, although the latter still finished higher.

Amador - Valverde?

Fugslang and Nibali. If Nibali is in bad shape then Fugslang will be leader, although actually ignore that because it happened at last year's Tour and that turned out well didn't it.
Dombrowski and Uran is my save bet for that.

With Nibali I'm just making a bit drama, drama. Although I still kinda expect it.

TRENDING THREADS