• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Top 15

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Pantani_lives said:
Is there any chance of a domestique being better than his leader?

Given that Demare and either Haussler or Pelucci are listed as team leaders, I would say it is certain. Taaramae, not Zakarin, is wearing 161; Firsanov should beat Kolobnev; Pozzato and Ulissi will roll around with the sprinters in the high mountain stages; some leaders will fall/lose form/have a jour sans.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

vedrafjord said:
Normally I'd be suspicious of riders downplaying their chances like that, but the Giant team selection says otherwise.
Yeah, it's even worse than the Vuelta team and this time we have a few stages in the high mountains.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Was thinking dark horse in Henao might steal it but that's out the window.

Thinking Nibali will do his usual routine of hitting form at the GT and not a moment before

1) Nibali
2) Landa
3) Spilak
4) Valverde
5) Uran

Re:

gazr99 said:

Thinking Nibali will do his usual routine of hitting form at the GT and not a moment before

1) Nibali
2) Landa
3) Spilak
4) Valverde
5) Uran

Even if selected, Henao would be a wild shot for a top 5 placement. He's punchy for the short stage races, but he definitely lacks the recovery of a GT contender, while he's also not that good on longer climbs.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the giro as a race suits piti (GC-wise), those multiple high mountains with high % is nothing for him and he doesn't like bad weather

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

DBotero said:
gazr99 said:

1) Nibali
2) Landa
3) Spilak
4) Valverde
5) Uran

Not selected for Giro.

Yeah I know meant Zakarin, not sure why I put Spilak

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Here is my Top 15
1. Nibali
2. Landa