• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro not a total loss for Sky...

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Cyivel said:
The big question is how does this impact the Consolidated Team Depth Rankings?

Haha :D

And agreed, the asian point is totally meaningless in terms of WT points.

Also this 2nd is quite important to sky ( unlike what others said .. :rolleyes: ) as Sky biggest market in europe outside GB is ... surprise surprise ... Italy...

2nd in GC definitely got them some increased coverage, publicity etc.

Gloin22 said:
Haha :D

And agreed, the asian point is totally meaningless in terms of WT points.

Also this 2nd is quite important to sky ( unlike what others said .. :rolleyes: ) as Sky biggest market in europe outside GB is ... surprise surprise ... Italy...

2nd in GC definitely got them some increased coverage, publicity etc.

Racing is not as important as having good numbers in training.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:
Racing is not as important as having good numbers in training.

Why are you quoting me > :eek:

And if you're talking about Wiggins, he's an arrogant selfish ***, I give no **** about him..

Although I do give him, he's got intresting sense of humour :D

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
2nd is a great achievement for Sky they will probably podium all 3 GT'S this year now. I think Uran did great he has max'd his talent imo 2nd in the Giro who would of though Uran could do that? maybe Vuelta(punchier climbs) but not the Giro.
And i dont get the Asian i really dont, like Sky are gonna miss those points fool. Im sure Sky would rather get GT podium with a rider who is supposed to be leaving than get absoloute nothing dont ya think?.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
I agree with the poster that said Sky couldn't have expected much more. Even as top favourite, Wiggins' win was never a foregone conclusion, and if he had been looking good early on Uran would have been held back.

A realistic result for Wiggins would have been 2 on GC + the TT stage.

TRENDING THREADS