• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

giro stage 10: Cuneo - Pinerolo

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 3, 2009
www.dj-vega.net
Bala Verde said:
I'd rather not see Menchov in MR either after the TT... with stinging attacks from a united Italy (LIQ,LPR,LAM,ISD,DIQ, AQU, but agressive riding from COL) it's a recipe for disaster and could destroy the team before they get to the neutered Blockhaus :eek:
Van Houwelingen stated that Rabo doesn't really want Menchov to be in pink after tomorrow's TT, because of the teams weakness. So I won't be surprised if Menchov rides his TT in function of his closest rivals, making sure he wins enough time on Di Luca, but maybe deliberately letting Leipheimer, Basso or Rogers overtake him with a few seconds.

Jasper said:
Van Houwelingen stated that Rabo doesn't really want Menchov to be in pink after tomorrow's TT, because of the teams weakness. So I won't be surprised if Menchov rides his TT in function of his closest rivals, making sure he wins enough time on Di Luca, but maybe deliberately letting Leipheimer, Basso or Rogers overtake him with a few seconds.

Another argument against radio comms.

Let them all crank it!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Jasper said:

That could come very close to the unwinding of events tomorrow... He does start as penultimate rider, so he does have an idea of other cyclists' time. But can he ride the TT like a preprogrammed machine?

Levi hadn't reconned the TT yet, while Menchov has done it twice now. Does anyone know of other riders who have checked the stage?

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
That could come very close to the unwinding of events tomorrow... He does start as penultimate rider, so he does have an idea of other cyclists' time. But can he ride the TT like a preprogrammed machine?

Levi hadn't reconned the TT yet, while Menchov has done it twice now. Does anyone know of other riders who have checked the stage?

Basso a couple of times, Cunego, others maybe, can't remember.

TRENDING THREADS