• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro stage 14 Campi Bisenzio - Bologna (San Luca), 172km

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The stage is underway. Five riders DNS today. Cavendish, Renshaw, Chainel, Meyer and Pozzato.

Should be an interesting stage, too bad I have to rely on cellphone updates :(

kjetilraknerud said:
I'm a bit surprised that Pozzato DNS today, I would have thought he'd give it a go on stage 18 for example. Also, with Renshaw and Cavendish out, Boasson Hagen will given a free role from his team now.

It would have been cool though considering the points competition if Cavendish had worked for Boasson Hagen and lead him out in a sprint if he knew he was stepping off anyway. But I guess it would be a stretch to gamble when you have a great shot at winning with Cav sprinting.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
kjetilraknerud said:
I'm a bit surprised that Pozzato DNS today, I would have thought he'd give it a go on stage 18 for example.
He still had some pain in his knee after his fall in the last wednesday stage to Arenzano. He didn't want to take risks in view of his next objectives: Italian National Championship and Tour.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Pozzato has been pretty quiet anyway. If I wasn't following it closely, I wouldn't have known 'Pippo' was in the race. This makes stage 18 easier to top, Allan Davis or EBH.

Actually maybe not.

LPR keeping the break under 4 minutes and Lampre lined up behind Rabo, ready to take up the chase.
Classics parcours with the classics men's teams doing the graft.
Day off for Rabo.

I've been thinking upon this. Wouldn't be a bad idea to let the jersey go and leave somebody else with the problem of marking, thus allowing Dennis to do what he does best, follow the top wheels......

There is a chance we will see all 4 jerseys in the final today. Di Luca will be there for sure and Menchov will be on his wheel. Garzelli should be interested as well I'm guessing and even Lövkvist said before the start "We will see what I can do in the final today."

Mellow Velo said:
LPR keeping the break under 4 minutes and Lampre lined up behind Rabo, ready to take up the chase.
Classics parcours with the classics men's teams doing the graft.
Day off for Rabo.

I've been thinking upon this. Wouldn't be a bad idea to let the jersey go and leave somebody else with the problem of marking, thus allowing Dennis to do what he does best, follow the top wheels......

Well, it's even better the way it is now.. keep the jersey and let someone else do the work :). Tomorrow and monday are the only stages where the team can come under attack. Since "Blockhaus" and Vesuvio are one-climb-only stages, it shouldn't be too hard for Rabobank on those stages (up until the climb).

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
How are di Luca and Levi going to beat Menchov this Giro?

DDL has to take the time bonuses and gain a minute before the final TT?

Levi has to hope Menchov has a bad day, and go for broke then, if it happens?

Looks kinda unlikely, if you ask me. Di Luca looks like he has more of a chance, would anyone think?

A

Anonymous

Menchov is going to be hard to beat. He looked to be covering with ease.

TRENDING THREADS