• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro Valle D'Aosta

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Bushman said:
Power seated the overall today while Kämna won the stage from a break I think. Kämna is an incredible talent, biggest german talent by far.
Along with Herklotz. We can debate who's better, and Kämna's having a great year while Silvio's been a bit quieter, but I think "by far" is perhaps an exaggeration.
The big problem for Silvio is the fact that he's been hyped and called the next Ullrich since he turned 18, people have really high expectations when it comes to him and German cycling media have hyped him for years.
I have to say that Kämna looks really impressive for his age, he's only 18 years old.

Re: Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Bushman said:
Power seated the overall today while Kämna won the stage from a break I think. Kämna is an incredible talent, biggest german talent by far.
Along with Herklotz. We can debate who's better, and Kämna's having a great year while Silvio's been a bit quieter, but I think "by far" is perhaps an exaggeration.

I admit that I might have exaggerated. Herklotz has just not been very good this year and also wasn't particularly impressive in the second half of 2014. I guess that's why I have started to doubt him a bit. Still a big fan of him, though.

He just had an incredible season in 2013, his first in u23. Last year he did very well in some senior races, but wasn't as dominant i u23 as the year before.

It's also because he was so young when he dominated in u23, it's easy to forget that he is still only 21.

Kämna does look like an insane talent, also. Huge engine on him. He is a great tt'er, 14th in the tt in Bayern Rundfart at 18 is very impressive. Then he can also climb really well, but not only that. He has shown that he is fairly explosive also and can do well in shorter, more classics like, climbs as well. He just seems so well rounded for his age.

TRENDING THREADS