• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Good Deal?

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Something doesn't add up. It's a good deal if you can inspect it in person. But, any used bike is a risk, and considering the low price . . . I'd be cautious.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I can inspect it in person. The person lives on Beacon Hill, which is the wealthy part of Boston. Do you guys have any pointers on what to inspect?

I bike as a hobby every few days so I am not looking for a bike that will win me races. Just a bike that I will enjoy biking.

Edit: Gave him a call after work today. Turns out the ad is a lie.

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Bummer that the ad was a lie. Too bad as if it was a Colnago it would have been cool to check it out, ride it, and if you liked it and it truly was in decent shape for the right price then to purchase it. Oh well, keep looking.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bik/1303725504.html, seeing as this is now the 2nd hand bike thread from craigs list i will post a question to you fellows here. I am looking to buy some 2nd hand bike, since i came over to canada(infacted i pmed one fellow on here and he showed me to this so i thank him). So what i want to ask is how much is this bike worse, it looks allright to me, what price do these bikes go for, i think it is 2004 so it´s a bit old? I certainly wont pay 600 canadian pounds for it. thanks for anyones help if anyone does.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
palmerq said:
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bik/1303725504.html, seeing as this is now the 2nd hand bike thread from craigs list i will post a question to you fellows here. I am looking to buy some 2nd hand bike, since i came over to canada(infacted i pmed one fellow on here and he showed me to this so i thank him). So what i want to ask is how much is this bike worse, it looks allright to me, what price do these bikes go for, i think it is 2004 so it´s a bit old? I certainly wont pay 600 canadian pounds for it. thanks for anyones help if anyone does.

I'd say they'd be doing well to ask about half that - ie., no more than $300.

You can buy a complete Cannondale CAAD9 with better gear (Tiagra and better wheels) for $1000 - and it'll have a lifetime warranty on the frame and, if you get the right shop, they'll give you free servicing for a couple of years at least. (And, for my money, the Cannondale's a far better bike!) So check out new bikes pretty closely before going for something like that - especially as we're getting close to season end sale time ... :)

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
well i dont want to spend more than 400-500 dollars :S, so i think it is best i find some 2nd hand thing, and i am here for a year only so i probably wouldnt be keeping it after that, i have no intentino of paying 600 dollars for it, although i doubt they would sell it for less. Thanks for replying.

TRENDING THREADS