• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Hard to believe it is 2011 and rubes still believe BS like this. And we wonder what is wrong in the world.

The problem here is from what I have seen on TV, an exact time has not been set for the end of the world. I would like to know that so I can plan my day.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
I'm actually flying to Europe today. Which, come to think about it, should keep me safe from the earthquakes while I'm in the air.

Yes, but you are losing time by flying east so you should be dead before me. I think the proper thing to do would be to fly west to gain time. Will the catastrophe follow the clock an respect time zones?

Unless, like you say the earthquakes will kill us. I haven't heard of the method of the end of the world. I always assumed it would be the great cloud being swooping down and defacating on the earth, smothering all inhabitants.

Maybe you can fly around enough for all of this chaos to quiet down. The day is 6.5 hours old right now. You should change your flight to be in the air until at least it is 12:01 am on May 22 everywhere in the world. You should be good then, unless you have to land in heaven feces.

Me? Here is what I'm gonna do. Good luck, and I hope to see you on the other side.

Slide691.jpg

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
I plan to party like it's 1999, creating a time vortex to insulate me from the rapture:D

edit: ETA is 6am American Samoa Time. That will be 10am PDT so I'm thinking Mimosas and the 1812 Overture out on the front deck

As I understand it (not that I really want to), the "rapture" is supposed to happen at 6 p.m. local time, wherever you are. This means the "saved" will be directly transported to NIrvana (or something).

The rest of us poor sinners will be left here to be destroyed by earthquakes and other natural phenomena until a fireball destroys the earth sometime in October.

Or something like that........

Susan (considering taking out fireball insurance)

Susan Westemeyer said:
As I understand it (not that I really want to), the "rapture" is supposed to happen at 6 p.m. local time, wherever you are. This means the "saved" will be directly transported to NIrvana (or something).

The rest of us poor sinners will be left here to be destroyed by earthquakes and other natural phenomena until a fireball destroys the earth sometime in October.

ACF just posted at 13:37 CET.

Since ACF is in Melbourne, ACF should be dead and/or raptured by now.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:

So, if we watch foxnews they will surely report where it is 6 pm. If we see on tv some of the people there fly off into the sky and the rest stay on the ground, and then swimming in lava and such then we know we should go to the church pronto and get saved? How do we know the ones flying off into the sky are not from a devil tornado? It's a trap lol.

Are you saying the saved will meet up with Kirk Cobain and watch a Nirvana concert? I guess that assume Dave Grohl and Novaselich will be saved, after all the crap they have pulled? Who would open for them? Pat Boone?

I guess I better turn on the TV.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
ACF just posted at 13:37 CET.

Since ACF is in Melbourne, ACF should be dead and/or raptured by now.

So it is all BS? Or, do they have internet for the saved people? I feel good if he is saved because that means I have a chance.

Him posting really doesn't prove anything at this point.

I think that those who aren't "raptured" won't be directly killed, but I'm not sure, and frankly I don't care enough to research it.

I did read that it was supposed to start in New Zealand, and some believer in the western US said that they were going to be watching tv all day to see if there was an earthquake in NZ.

Susan (or perhaps I should take out earthquake insurance?)

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Susan, I don't think all of this pondering about whether or not to take out insurance is worth your time. The insurance will only fix things that will just get smashed in October by the meteorite. With all of the claims that will be made due to all the other people in the world getting their stuff trashed at the same time, you may not even get an adjuster out before the meteor hits.

Around Houston, I read of strories for months before people settled with their insurance after that hurricane in 2008.

I suggest you save your money for the insurance, and go buy some of those flame retardent suits those dudes use when they gas up F1 cars.

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
couldn't have said it better myself....

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Robert Frost

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you know how they calculated this ? :p today falls 722.500 days after the day jesus apparently died. If you multiply 3 holy numbers 5, 10, 17 twice with eachother, so 5x5x10x10x17x17= 722.500. As such the world will explode today

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
It has begun.

I live on the Western edge of the USA, and people of all ages are running through the neighborhood in a panic. Holy Crap. They're screaming!

Ooops nevermind.
Turns out CBS has just run a teaser ad for 60 minutes on the telly.
tic ToC tic

May 18, 2009
Visit site
It's 11:00 am in Houston.

How are the European guys doing in the lava swimming and earthquake chaos? I just checked foxnews.com and this is what they have up:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/21/christian-movement-prepares-doomsday/

Of course, they will have the same nutjobs up the next time some numbers multiply up to give them a reason to act like nutjobs.

Kinda like how the same people that get US foreign policy wrong over and over keep being held up as "experts" by the MSM.

I need a beer.