• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Graham Watson is just one more LA's blabber?!

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hugh Januss said:
It is amazing to me that you can totally contradict yourself and make a complete ass of yourself one day and then come back and post again the next like nothing ever happened. Don't you ever have the slightest glimmer of self doubt?

Our dear friend Polish is, unfortunately, trapped in a Catch-22.

In order for an idiot to appreciate that he is, in fact, an idiot, he must possess the intellectual ability to differentiate between intelligence and idiocy; the very ability which is, by its very nature and definition, beyond the capacity of an idiot.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Polish's willingness to embarrass himself in defense of his mancrush is impressive, but eventually tiresome.

I have still have one of the first pairs of Boone Lennon's areo bars in my garage.....so it appears Lance learned about windtunnels from Greg and areo bars from me.

Race Radio said:
Polish's willingness to embarrass himself in defense of his mancrush is impressive, but eventually tiresome.

I have still have one of the first pairs of Boone Lennon's areo bars in my garage.....so it appears Lance learned about windtunnels from Greg and areo bars from me.

Were those from back in the day when you were ducking young Lance so you wouldn't get beat by a kid in Ironman?:D

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I went to try to find the bars but I remember I gave them a buddy of mine about 20 years ago. He still has them on a 20+ year old LEMOND bike that sits in his garage. I will try to get a pic.

It has been a long time but I think I got them from Brad Kearns who was the first guy to ride them.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Yeah well it sure sounds like Greg was there first according to your own words.
It is amazing to me that you can totally contradict yourself and make a complete ass of yourself one day and then come back and post again the next like nothing ever happened. Don't you ever have the slightest glimmer of self doubt?

Contradict myself?

I never said Lance was in a wind tunnel before Greg.
I did say Lance was rocking Aero Bars years before Greg.

Heck, lots of people were rocking aero bars before Greg.
Greg "discovered" aero-bars from the tri-geek gang - not vice-verci.

Now, how about Cycling SunGlasses.....

Standing on the Shoulder's of Giants.

MacRoadie said:

In order for an idiot to appreciate that he is, in fact, an idiot, he must possess the intellectual ability to differentiate between intelligence and idiocy; the very ability which is, by its very nature and definition, beyond the capacity of an idiot.

Did you come up with this or was this originally said by someone else? I just want to make sure I give proper attribution when I use it going forward. :D

A

Anonymous

fatandfast said:
I don't understand why Lemond doesn't get extra credit for using Campy V brakes that weighed 2 pounds a caliper

+1. And they're about as aerodynamic as a parachute.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
Contradict myself?

I never said Lance was in a wind tunnel before Greg.

Your memory seems to be fading fast Polish, put down the pipe

Polish said:
Lance is ahead of the curve as usual.

You really need to do your homework if you were not paying attention while Lance was actually DOING those things.

And paying attention as others started to copy Lance's success.

Here are some others for you....

Wind Tunnel - All the Big Dogs use them right? Modern Wind Tunnels have been around since the 1930's. Who used them first?

MacRoadie said:

This is timeless wisdom; Joseph Heller himself would be proud.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Posted this in another thread, but:
Anyway, GW has a (somewhat disturbing) tendency to post pics of riders weeing mid-race, usually being pushed by their domestiques. He's also mostly talentless.

I also think he's kind of a p rick. Not necessarily just to do with Contador, but for crap like this:
http://www.grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/PhotosTest/09flanders-008000

He's basically mocking the entire Cofidis team, for what I'm not sure. If I were the rider in that photograph I'd make a point of aiming my next mid-race stream of urine directly at Fatty's lens.

A

Anonymous

... sorry you had to learn these things here kaz. But ya gotta love those sunflower pics, no?

Here is something from G Watson's website:

From G Watsons website said:
Fred R. - 05/10/2010:
Dear Graham:
I remember in late-2001 when you were quoted in either Procycling or CycleSport, levying a rather harsh judgment on the "worthiness" of Oscar Freire's 2nd World Championship. You seemed to be complaining that he wasn't the kind of rider you thought worthy of wearing the jersey because he was invisible for most of the season, but could somehow find a way to pop-up and take the big prize from whichever riders you considered more-deserving. I'm sorry I can't quote you exactly, but I'll never forget the shock I felt because I thought you wouldn't want to be on record openly disparaging a rider whose image you'd need to capture throughout the following year... Maybe you thought Freire would never READ what you said, since it was published in English... Regardless, do you still play favorites amongst the riders, or do you now strive for more neutrality in your public statements and try to limit the perception that you favor any one particular athlete, or that you hold someone in contempt based purely on their ability to peak for one particular race? Thanks! FF

05/11/2010:
Strong words Fred - and you have a good memory! Freire won this year's Milan-San Remo, and I had the exact same thoughts as 2001, if that was when it was... Have you seen Freire since San Remo..? No. He's a boring cyclist who hides away all year then pops up and wins - and wins well. My comments in 2001 compared Freire to champions like Eddy Merckx and Rik Van Looy and others who won three world titles as well as multiple Classics and stage-races. Freire does not have a place in that world...but watch for him in Geelong this October! GW

Omg!! That is hilarious, he says he doesn't like Freire becuase he only focuses one thing per year and is invisible otherwise........ I wounder if there was ever another cyclist who did that? I think he might have been american;)

El Imbatido said:

Omg!! That is hilarious, he says he doesn't like Freire becuase he only focuses one thing per year and is invisible otherwise........ I wounder if there was ever another cyclist who did that? I think he might have been american;)

Wow, does he listen to himself?

El Imbatido said:

Wow. So based on his words, he has nothing but disdain for riders like Armstrong. Or am I missing something?

thehog said:
Any news from GW on Landis?

Why, of course:

Jonathan, Adelaide - 05/20/2010:
Care to comment on Floyd Landis?

05/27/2010:
Not really Jonathan, but seeing as you ask.. Floyd was a time bomb waiting to go off, a man with an enormous grudge against anyone he felt had given him an unfair deal. He was exceedingly jealous of Lance and a few other top riders on his teams and thought the only way to win like them was to take drugs. He'd lost all credibility years ago, and now he's lost something more as well - friends. He lost all his money on lawyers defending him after TDF 2006, then he goes and confesses he did, after all, take drugs. What an idiot! GW

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
To be fair to GW have you see the size of the guy lately? His food bill must be a enormous. The only way to support this habit is by churning out spank material for the groupies.