• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Graham Watson: Keeper of Omerta

Snarfed this from a post on Bike Radar. It is from the Q&A portion of Watson's website.

Eric G - 10/06/2010:
Just noticed the URL for the LeMond pics has the word "fool" in it instead of his name. Please correct this, not everyone is an Armstrong fan, and I was going to buy several prints from you, but no longer, very disappointed.

10/11/2010:
Hi Eric, I've not noticed that mistake, I'll have my webmaster look at it. Sorry we cannot appease you, I'm a fan of both guys, they both did a lot for my career, just a shame one cannot keep his mouth shut.. :) GW

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
It's a sad lesson, but one Graham has seemed to have learned well - "Don't sh*t where you eat, my friends. Don't sh*t where you eat." Thanks to Ween...

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm in, that is stupid, although I have susected for a while now. I didn't know what exactly, but this helps. It may be just as simple as ticking the right boxes for the power brokers(ex). Pance Arsegone is apparently quite keen on a bit of sycophancy.

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
http://grahamwatson.com/dublin/about.html"

On July 11th, 1998, the city of Dublin hosted the opening stages of the Tour de France. """It was the first time the Tour had left mainland Europe""", and Ireland was expected to give the great race a magnificent send-off."

That is blatantly untrue, even aye no that.I wasn't even looking for f*** oops.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Comment submitted:

"Sad to see your response regarding the person that pointed out your tagging of LeMond photos as "fool".

The true shame is that someone in your position isn't smart enough to realise that one of them is doing everything they can for the betterment of the sport and the other is out for whatever he can get in an ego driven desire to maintain his position in the modern peloton. The sport would be infinitely better if all the riders were like Greg. Certainly better than if even one of them attempts to emulate that parasite Armstrong.

Add me to the list of people that won't be purchasing your images."

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Martin318is said:
Comment submitted:

"Sad to see your response regarding the person that pointed out your tagging of LeMond photos as "fool".

The true shame is that someone in your position isn't smart enough to realise that one of them is doing everything they can for the betterment of the sport and the other is out for whatever he can get in an ego driven desire to maintain his position in the modern peloton. The sport would be infinitely better if all the riders were like Greg. Certainly better than if even one of them attempts to emulate that parasite Armstrong.

+1 Nice work, mod.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
To be fair to Graham has anyone see the old guy lately? He has made the jump from clinically obsess to morbidly obsess. To maintain this corpulent figure requires a steady diet of Big Mac's, Doughnuts, and cheese. This can get expensive when consumed in Graham sized portions.....I have seen him slam those Big Mac's like Tic Tac's.

Graham has made the choice to be an Armstrong salad tosser to feed his habit.

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Martin318is said:
Comment submitted:

Excellent! Can't wait to read his response, if he puts it up.

Race Radio said:
To be fair to Graham has anyone see the old guy lately? He has made the jump from clinically obsess to morbidly obsess. To maintain this corpulent figure requires a steady diet of Big Mac's, Doughnuts, and cheese. This can get expensive when consumed in Graham sized portions.....I have seen him slam those Big Mac's like Tic Tac's.

Graham has made the choice to be an Armstrong salad tosser to feed his habit.

Here's Watson with Darach Mcquaid in Geelong. His Eyes On The World Exhibit was promoted by Darach Mcquack.

baafnaada.jpg

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Big deal - Mr Watson calls LeMond a big-mouthed fool.

Hey, he is entitled to his own opinions lol.

He can call Greg a Patron of the Major Douchebags if he wants.
Or he can call Greg a Taco Bell scarfing Fat Boy if he wants.
Or a drunken skirt chaser of blonde twins that look like his own mother lol.

Right? Its ok to do that right?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm appalled. Cyclists provide the means to his income.

He has lost yet another well paying customer.

What an idiot. The helmet he wears while riding does little to protect the man who doesn't use his brain. While he is entitled to his opinion, if he values his income, he must learn to be more diplomatic.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Watson knows cycling. Did you see the woman from Beach Blanket Babylon singing God bless America at the National league penennet game in SF between Phillie and SF. Guess not being so hung up on yellow bracelet man. Were you hung up on some cross result? Did I mention Graham knows cycling?

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
Watson knows cycling. Did you see the woman from Beach Blanket Babylon singing God bless America at the National league penennet game in SF between Phillie and SF. Guess not being so hung up on yellow bracelet man. Were you hung up on some cross result? Did I mention Graham knows cycling?

Congratulations, we are all speechless. :confused::confused:

All of these guys who have a profit motive in cycling (Watson, Liggett, Sherwen, Roll) have to some extent sold their souls to the money-machine that is Lance, Inc.
Sounds to me like Watson wades in the shallow end.
Whereas Bob Roll floats face-down in the deep end :)

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Come on I ausume you know sports. I trust Grahahm Phil Paul and Roll.

If you do not read between their lines(and Merckx) etc. I guess as Jan put it you can't put 2+2 together. Its all nuance an art. That is what cycling is .

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I thought Omerta was a pact of silence between the riders.

According to a web definition:

“the categorical prohibition of cooperation with state authorities or reliance on its services, even when one has been victim of a crime.”

To suggest that Watson is anything but a photo-journalist is kind of silly.

I don't care to read or hear a thing he says, but he does take some fantastic cycling photographs. For that, I am greatful.

His book, "Landscapes of Cycling", is a masterpiece. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys the scenic majesty of the sport.

David Suro said:
I thought Omerta was a pact of silence between the riders.

Silence between all the cycling "insiders." That would include not just riders, but team staff, the governing body, race organizers, commentators, douchebag photographers, etc. A case on point is Phil Ligget and the laugh out loud comments about doping.

Awww, the mods changed my title and did not even see fit to leave any evidence that it had been changed.

TRENDING THREADS