• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Graham Watson: Keeper of Omerta

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
thehog said:
Armstrong, who has faced constant doping allegations despite never testing positive, is also keen to prove he is clean and hopes by racing the Tour again his four children will read about it.

"I'm doing this for my kids," he says in the book.

"With news so accessible these days on the web, they'll be able to read any story they want. And I don't want them growing up and reading all these things about me and doping."

Give a source and/or link for this please, or I will delete it.

If this becomes a problem again, you will face a longer suspension.

Susan

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
I understand Gregs anger towards Armstrong and the world of cycling. Curious Greg has never expressed the shameful treatment he experienced as a team mate of Hinault. That to me is telling.
While the experiance of 1985/86 were doubtless unpleasant at the time, the outcome was as promised - 85 - HInault, 86 - Lemond. So as the record shows Lemond as the 86 winner and Hinault didn't attack him in the way Armstrong did, he was probably able to "let it go" a whole lot more easily. But the Armstrong confrontation has been a more bruising affair and has been drawn out over nigh on a decade. Add in that it started over a comment that was so inoffensive and one can see how Lemond would have to stand his ground.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Graham Watson apologizes!!!

In the news today, Graham Watson, professional photographer and cycling's ever-present chubby funster issued a formal apology to the Lemond family. Standing in front of the Royal Albert Hall amidst a throng of reporters and supporters alike, a tearful Watson read aloud a prepared statement. "I just want everyone to know" said the celebrity photographer in between sobs "that the unfortunate spelling of the URL for the pictures of Greg Lemond available on my website GrahamWatson.com in either a framed or unframed format, with other incredible cycling pictures available for immediate delivery-was an honest mistake!" Watson further recounted that owing to a genetic defect going back several generations he has been afflicted with the condition of having extremely pudgy fingers. "This is my fault-a terrible, terrible mistake" his words reverberating down the steps of this most hallowed edifice "Because of this condition, this terrible accursed condition of mine, I actually hit the wrong key by mistake! I actually wanted to list the photos under the word tool instead of fool!"

Lance Armstrong was unavailable for comment.

Sorry, just wanted to lighten the atmosphere around here a bit. Carry on!

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
scribe said:
I don't know why he bothers doing it all. It's like some kind of fixation with doing it. He used to start entire threads doing it, until that got him in the box for a couple of weeks.

Scribe feels bad when others post writers' content without attribution, linking or commentary, yet he doesn't feel bad when an entire generation of managers, owners and riders cheated talented, clean cyclists out of a career and potential accolades.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
jimmypop said:
Scribe feels bad when others post writers' content without attribution, linking or commentary, yet he doesn't feel bad when an entire generation of managers, owners and riders cheated talented, clean cyclists out of a career and potential accolades.

Actually, I am ****ed they got away with it unscathed. Now, it's just a handful of us sorting out which conspiracy theories seem most plausible. Sorry I don't subscribe to everything that gets posted here.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
scribe said:
Actually, I am ****ed they got away with it unscathed. Now, it's just a handful of us sorting out which conspiracy theories seem most plausible. Sorry I don't subscribe to everything that gets posted here.

word choice....:rolleyes:

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
scribe said:

Then we're on the same page on one issue (FWIW, I'm also in agreement on the issue of posting content without attribution or permission unaccompanied by sufficient editorial or commentary).

Some of the theories seem far-fetched until you have conversations with people who were directly involved in ferrying materials, etc.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
jimmypop said:
Then we're on the same page on one issue (FWIW, I'm also in agreement on the issue of posting content without attribution or permission unaccompanied by sufficient editorial or commentary).

Some of the theories seem far-fetched until you have conversations with people who were directly involved in ferrying materials, etc.

True. But it being posted on a message board doesn't make everything so. I don't mind playing devil's advocate. Helps me to sort things out, but that tends to **** off some of the more dogged amongst us.

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
scribe said:
True. But it being posted on a message board doesn't make everything so. I don't mind playing devil's advocate. Helps me to sort things out, but that tends to **** off some of the more dogged amongst us.

That's true. Lots of emotion in these discussions.

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
So what we have learned from this, aside from Watson being a photographer, keeper of omerta, and general ******bag, is that if you are in the U.S. and order anything from GW then you are putting money in Armstrong's pocket because that is who owns the fulfillment services. Both Watson and Armstrong make money from a purchase. That's a double whammy. I certainly will not be buying anything from that fool.

Someone needs to dig up the thread that lists all the companies that support the Armstrong fraud and add Watson to the list.

Just refreshing an old thread about Graham Watson, cycling photographer extraordinaire, being an out of the closet LA supporter (by referring to GL as a fool) and an accused member of the Omerta cycling brotherhood.

Back in 2006 during the TdF Mr Watson breached the Omerta oath in the blog on his website (since removed) I made comment in a discussion on comparative average speeds:

"And remember cycling photographer Graham Watson on his website said the peloton in 2006 was visibly restless and going slow at one time cos they could not get their drug supplies. Blamed on vigilance from the fall out of Operation Puerto.

"That could account for the 38kph average in 2006."

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Are any of you people wasting money buying "photos"?

Thought the guy sat on the back of a m/cycle because he has nothing better to do at the "tours" !

Guess if the word gets around enough , his publisher will be "remaindering" current stock at a penny a pop ! Wouldn't that be a pity ?

TRENDING THREADS