• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Grand Tour Elimination Game ( 2010s )

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I demand that we do this all over now.

And that you can only vote if you have an even number of characters in your username (including spaces) and don't have an alliterative username.

Edit: No scrap that, that would hurt my friend, Greg. You can only vote if you only have lowercase letters!

I have an idea for a new game after this one has concluded. The GT's of 2010's again, but we heal and hurt "the best/strongest worst/weakest GC winner" of that decade. Because I think this can play out quite differently than this current game. For example, imo the 2014 Tour wasn't a great race, but Nibali was one of the best GT winning performances.

Okay, Contador 2011 Giro will probably win, but I'm intrigued by the idea of this vote.

Given that the Tour has the strongest competition, there should be at least seven Tour winners remaining when fifteen are left. But there isn't a lot of love for the Tour, so Aru might still outlast Evans :p

P.S. Winner on the road, not in the clinic.

Reactions: tobydawq
I have an idea for a new game after this one has concluded. The GT's of 2010's again, but we heal and hurt "the best/strongest worst/weakest GC winner" of that decade. Because I think this can play out quite differently than this current game. For example, imo the 2014 Tour wasn't a great race, but Nibali was one of the best GT winning performances.

Okay, Contador 2011 Giro will probably win, but I'm intrigued by the idea of this vote.

Given that the Tour has the strongest competition, there should be at least seven Tour winners remaining when fifteen are left. But there isn't a lot of love for the Tour, so Aru might still outlast Evans :p

That sounds like a fun one.

Reactions: gregrowlerson

The thread would probably inevitably devolve into Clinic matters, so it might be better to put it there - although it would probably then be pretty civilised, a bit like the Fantasy Doping Draft, which was a lot of fun and relatively good-humoured considering it could have been an absolute bloodbath in the Clinic.

I feel that we're into kind of the eye of the storm in this game now, there's a period of relative tranquility - the game started with a bloodbath of strong opinion over the very worst, then all was calm for a bit, then we've had a period of heightened tension over the survival of the most divisive race of the era, now it'll probably settle down for a while before we get to the point of there being only a handful left to fight out the victory.

Heal: 2019 Tour
Hurt: 2012 Vuelta