• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Grand Tour Elimination Game ( 2010s )

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ah the 2014 Giro. Just having 5 HC MTFs surely must be a good route no?
"Hey, look at this mountain stage for the giro we made. We start with a really hard first category climb before a slightly easier 2nd category climb and then finish on a 1st category mtf"
"Interesting, where are the profiles for the other mountain stages?"
"No no no, that's the profile for all mountain stages"

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rick
"Hey, look at this mountain stage for the giro we made. We start with a really hard first category climb before a slightly easier 2nd category climb and then finish on a 1st category mtf"
"Interesting, where are the profiles for the other mountain stages?"
"No no no, that's the profile for all mountain stages"
They had so many I always forget they had Gavia/Stelvio in that Giro

Well, 2 from the 3 favorites were eliminated early. Nibali was on a crazy form, as did Froome and Contador. After the inital time loss, they would have to attack a lot to take that time back. The dauphine 2nd stage hyped us a lot I guess...
Also it was really one-sided.
But the first week was excellent and the mountain stages were decent as well, with good racing behind Nibali. I don't think it was worse than 2013 or 2015 Tours for example. I would rate 2014 Tour similar to them.

Reactions: dercuforever

TRENDING THREADS