• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Grand Tour Elimination Game ( 2010s )

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thanks, but the rule on 1st page was a little bit different: "in the previous entry". It may matter.

Just FYI:
9 members hurted 2018 Giro 32 times, and the winner is @RedRick -13 times;
14 members healed this Giro 47 times - and you, @Forever The Best, was of course the best - 10 times.

IMHO - nice game with unfortunately idiotic rules. Few determined members may kill excellent GT voting against every Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
Previous entry was about previous day ( because many people participate every day and I assumed like that ) but I probably failed to explain it. For example there were occasions where I forgot to submit a vote the day after, and healed the same race 2 days after, I don't think this should be disallowed.

If people really want I can retroactively cancel my 2 or so heal votes for Giro 2018. I don't remember this case happening much apart from that. ( At least for me because I only did it in the last few days )

Edit: It was actually 1. Voted to heal 2018 Giro on Sunday, forgot to vote on Monday, then vote to heal 2018 Giro again on Monday.

2010 Giro 46
2015 Giro 42
2016 Giro 27
2019 Vuelta 18
2011 Giro 15
2012 Vuelta 13
2018 Giro 5

So, assuming I don't cancel my 2018 Giro heal from Tuesday, this is the current standings. 2010 Tour out! The best Tour de France of this 2010-2019 ( not sure if 2010-2019 counts as a decade, it is questionablr ) according to this forum takes 8th place in this game, behind 5 Giro's and 2 Vuelta's.

I literally cannot find a single reason why one would find the 2012 Vuelta better than the 2018 Giro other than Bertie nostalgia.

In terms of pure action on the road, there isn't any, but the reason for my repeated hurting of that Giro has more to do with general feelings that GT generated. During the decade I've followed cycling, the way 2018 Giro played out was the low point for me. I was completely apathetic towards this sport for some time after the Giro ended, watching races more out of habit, rather than enjoyment for most of that summer. Only the later part of the season brought back the joy of watching cycling again, specially the last part of it with Pinot's double of Milano-Torino and Lombardia followed by a spectacular edition of Paris-Tours.

In terms of pure action on the road, there isn't any, but the reason for my repeated hurting of that Giro has more to do with general feelings that GT generated. During the decade I've followed cycling, the way 2018 Giro played out was the low point for me. I was completely apathetic towards this sport for some time after the Giro ended, watching races more out of habit, rather than enjoyment for most of that summer. Only the later part of the season brought back the joy of watching cycling again, specially the last part of it with Pinot's double of Milano-Torino and Lombardia followed by a spectacular edition of Paris-Tours.
I guess that's a fair point, maybe it's really just that my approach is different. Like, personally my memories of the 2016 giro are much better than the ones from the 2018 edition, simply because in both years two riders pulled of something very similar, but in 2016 it was my favorite rider and in 2018 one of my least favorite riders. But in reality, the 2016 giro was garbage till stage 14 and ended with one hell of a final week, while 2018 was really good throughout. I'm remembering 2016 more fondly but if you ask me which was the better race I'd have to answer 2018.

Thanks, but the rule on 1st page was a little bit different: "in the previous entry". It may matter.

Just FYI:
9 members hurted 2018 Giro 32 times, and the winner is @RedRick -13 times;
14 members healed this Giro 47 times - and you, @Forever The Best, are of course the best - 10 times.

IMHO - nice game with unfortunately idiotic rules. Few determined members may kill excellent GT voting against every Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
300px-I%27ll_Fuckin_Do_It_Again.jpg

TRENDING THREADS