• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Grand Tour Elimination Game ( 2010s )

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Seb

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
As I said Mid Ohio is almost like a huge "back yard" the way they take care of it. Unfortunately I may have issues with Paris-Roubaix as well.
You should definitely choose the right pave sectors
* really dangerous
** much more dangerous
*** exceedingly dangerous
**** ankle twist inevitable
Not really. Maths will see to that.
Maths can be full of surprises

EDIT: I had forgotten to submit my vote with this post
Heal: 2015 Giro
Hurt: 2010 Giro

Last edited:
You should definitely choose the right pave sectors
* really dangerous
** much more dangerous
*** exceedingly dangerous
**** ankle twist inevitable

Thankfully I have a friend who has offered to by my host/guide if I can ever get over there for Paris-Roubiax. Although I think I have to make sure I have time to be there for Flanders as well.

I suspect that might be correct for the stars, maybe just go to the velodrome. LOL

49 - 2010 Giro
39 - 2015 Giro
18 - 2016 Giro
11 - 2019 Vuelta
05 - 2018 Giro
02 - 2011 Giro

Also, let's say, when/if there are only 2010 and 2015 Giro are left ( as they lead the rest by a mile ) , I think we should deduct 20 points from both races to make it faster.
In principle it's good idea, but ...

With:
  • current numbers of points of Giro 2010 and Giro 2015;
  • only one more member voting for the latter;
Giro 2015 needs four days to overtake Giro 2010 (and the total number of voting member in 1 day shouldn't be more than ca. 17 - so currently there is no such threat).

But if you deduct 20 points from both races, with the same assumptions, Giro 2015 will not have enough time to catch Giro 2010 - on the second day will reach 0 points.

My idea: if we have 2 GT left we should wait a few days to check if (and how fast) the distance between 1st nad 2nd GT is decreasing.

49 - 2010 Giro
39 - 2015 Giro
18 - 2016 Giro
11 - 2019 Vuelta
05 - 2018 Giro
02 - 2011 Giro

Also, let's say, when/if there are only 2010 and 2015 Giro are left ( as they lead the rest by a mile ) , I think we should deduct 20 points from both races to make it faster.
Probably not a bad idea but I think it will go fairly quick anyway. I looks close right now but I doubt there are actually many people thinking 2015 was better than 2010.

Seb

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Thankfully I have a friend who has offered to by my host/guide if I can ever get over there for Paris-Roubiax. Although I think I have to make sure I have time to be there for Flanders as well.

I suspect that might be correct for the stars, maybe just go to the velodrome. LOL
Velodrome sounds better lol, but only outside at the entrance. Tribunes are sloping.
And no Murs in Flanders. ****

Reactions: Koronin